noob question :/

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok guys so i have a cheap and cheerfull set of soundlab 400 watt pa/disco
speakers my question relates to the sound quality over one vs the other
one of my speakers the carpet got pissed on by my puppy yh nice i know lol
so i took off the cover/carpet
but recently noticed that the sound from the still coverd one is much deeper and richer but also i had noticed a few weeks ago that my piezo horn wasnt working on the coverd speaker so replaced it

i have been and bought a new oiezo horn for my other uncoverd speaker
is it likely to be the fact its not coverd or the dodgy piezo horns that were originaly in the speakers

no there cheapo chipbaord :( ime going to rebuild them in mdf when i have the funds lol the speaker sounds fine in the other box the coverd one strange thing is the one from the coverd box sounds perfectly fine in the uncoverd box i have tried on all four channels of my system and still the same tried with differant tweeters still no differance i have them switched atm its just irritating me that i think ive coverd all the variables and ime still getting the same result

ive ruled out the box
ive ruled out the covering
ive even ruled out the driver itself and the amp channels
even the placement in the room this makes absolutely no sence to me

so have you switched the speakers placements and hook-ups completely to ensure it is not the speaker itself, but possibly the placement or the audio device?.One could definately understand the sound different between the two with the carpeting removed, especially if they are made of thin chipboard as you have determined. Any leaks in the boxes (such as displacement of the rear or front panels, loose sides etc) will of course create this similar problem. Also, was there any matting or inside batting material inside the speaker moved or removed while changing the piezo?.one might throw those away (piezo tweeters) and find some cheap but uber-better quality type of tweeter, even used from another bran or set, ebay etc. as theose cause notorious pohantom problems, over and above their inherantly (usually horrid) poor sound quality. Mismatched Ohm ratings, inproper replacement driver for the crossover(surely it has something for a crossover, even if just a single capacitor) all of these things plus many more possibilities come to mind. Did the replacement driver fit the hole properly, is there air leakage from it's mounting position?.where the original tweeters encased (enclosed to themselves) or? finally, have you tried checking the Ohm readings from both the LF drivers to see if they match, or if there is a huge discrepacy?.just some nibblets of food for thought.good luck and let us know what you come up with!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.