Incredible System, No Clue How To Use Correctly - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > PA Systems

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd August 2012, 08:24 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

I will recommend to find and experienced sound engineer, and take a few lessons here. It's not just turning some knobs take the signal to subs from a aux send. It really requires a huge effort to really understand what is going on.
Old 23rd August 2012, 09:53 AM   #22
Xoc1 is offline Xoc1  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwilliams28 View Post
What's up Everyone.
I have recently purchased a new FOH System. I have it up and running, but don't think that I have even scratched the surface on it's capabilities. Here is the gear list...
board - A&H Mixwizard3 16:2
amps - Crown XTI 4002 (2)
mains - JBL SRX 725 (2)
subs - JBL SRX 718S (2)
signal processer - dbx driverack pa+, bbe sonic maximizer 882i
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwilliams28 View Post
We are a 4 piece band
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon7000 View Post
Well I am one of those guys who likes to do a separate subwoofer feed.
Running a separate subwoofer feed is a recognised PA technique - especially suited to using large numbers of mics.
Given the OP's equipment and the simple needs of a 4 piece band I do not think that a separate subwoofer feed is necessary, or appropriate, especially for someone who is just starting to learn how to set up and use their new PA system.
Regards
Xoc 1
Old 29th April 2013, 04:04 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Default System Setup

If I may... you've spent good money on a new system, finish the purchase by hiring someone to set it up for you. In my local market it would cost $300 - $500 for a full day (up to 10 hours) to have someone bring out SMAART, take detailed measurements, set your eq, crossovers, time delays, gain staging and give some basic instructions on how to best use the tools you have. The driverack settings can be locked down unlike knobs on older gear which can be changed by anyone. The advice you'll get will save time and give better results on every show.
Cheers,

Hide this!Advertise here!