Schematics for Solton Commander 2000

Hi,
I've started a small hobby project that involves restoring an 8-channel PA mixer,
by the name Solton Commander 2000.
I had troubles switching it on, but that was quickly resolved when having a look at the power switch that had some old tear on the metal inside, which cut off the connection - so now she's turning on but I still have a small issue.
there's a black wire that's seems to have melted off somewhere. It's supposed to be connected to the Monitor out channel, and it's not the only black wire so I can't just assume - therefore I'd like to hear if anyone, anywhere, somehow, I don't know - would have the schematics for such a model or maybe a model somewhat similar?
I know that it is from 1984, and I've tried googleing, but it seems I'm the only guy on the internet with such a device - except for a polish user somewhere on some polish eBay in 2009 that sold his.. so any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.
The Tape delay unit has never been used, and I also need to find some tape for that, so if anyone has any recommendations for what kind of tape to buy, that would also be greatly appreciated! :D

Have a nice day everyone,

-Magnus

Hello Magnus
I know this post is over 1 year old but hopefully you will still get this message. I also have a Solton commander 2000 and have tried to find schematics. I eventually contacted Solton and they referred me to Muschaweck Hans at MH Audio, email linenlens@web.de
He answered my email after 10 days with the following offer;
Schaltplänre für den Commander2000 sind in Kopie erhältlich
und werden für 15 Euro netto an Sie abgegeben. Bei Interesse
erbitte ich Ihren kurzen Bescheid sowie Ihre Postadresse - Danke.
I think it is a bit expensive for a machine that has worth of 75-150 euros on today's market.
I also wonder why these machines have so little value. Is it because they are so poorly made? When I look inside everything seems quite well made, and if moderate to good quality. Is it because they sound so awful? Mine is not working properly ( the tape echo is not coming through) but from what sound does come through it isn't bad at all. 8 channel mixer with equalization and tank reverb. The outputs are somewhat limited, Line out and monitor+ normal speakers, but otherwise a nice analog fx mixer especially when the tape echo is working which is built similarly to the Roland 201 space echo.
I can't help but feel that it's diminutive value is mostly because there are no free schematics to be had on the Internet and that therefor fellows like us that would otherwise fix them and use them are left with a boat anchor. Oh well, I might have to cough up the 15 euros eventually, certainly better than tracing the circuitry, but in the meantime I have 100 other things to fix and experiment with. If you have any luck getting schematics or fixing yours then let us know!
Cheers
Lucas

Commander 4000

Hey guys,

i found your thread. I hope you're still reading this. I recently bought a Comander 4000 S. I guess it's the same as yours just with 12 channels.
I also had to fix the power switch. I like the sound of the mixer (especially the graphic eq). However mine came with a very messed up tape. The tape echo basically works and is amazing even with the 4 switchable tapeheads. But both the tape echo and the spring reverb seem to need amplification (thinking of finding a way to add a little amp for the effect section)... But the main problem seems to be that the tape always gets eaten after few minutes of usage (especially when adjusting tape speed). I was wondering if it has to do with the length of the loop. Think i ll try shortening it...

Well the tape is 7cm wide and 1/4" reel to reel tape is 6,35 cm wide. So i was thinking to try that...

any suggestions, ideas, experiences, schematics?

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    645.3 KB · Views: 321
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    465.8 KB · Views: 262
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 267
  • TapeError.jpg
    TapeError.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 313
Hi, everybody.

I have just bought a "Solton Commander 4000-S", but not any document with it.

Please, where can i find a User Manual & a Shematic Diagram .

I have asked Solton, they answer they have nothing for Solton Commander 4000-S.

Many thanks for your answers & regards....

Hallo I am also on search for schematics for my beauty Commander 4000S
in my case the spring reverb is not working.. no idea what could be wrong so far..
All looks so nice and clean that it seems strange .. there is nothing coming out of the so called Cathedral part... Echo woks great!!
Any ideas? I found on the inside of the unit close to where the cables coming from and to the Springs (one red one blue) there are another pair of Cables (Orange and Brown) that has bin cutted! But unfortunately on both sides so it is not to see where they have bin connected to before... those cables are easy t see if the unit is open from underneath ..
f someone has a Foto from that view maybe I could identify where this cables where cuttend from... IF a this is the reason ...
anyways someone that find schematics ?

Screenshot_2023-01-04-07-07-18-792-edit_com.ebay.kleinanzeigen.jpg
Olá, também estou em busca de esquemas para minha beleza Commander 4000S
no meu caso, o reverb de mola não está funcionando.. não faço ideia do que pode estar errado até agora..
Tudo parece tão bonito e limpo que parece estranho .. não há nada saindo da chamada parte da Catedral ... Echo woks ótimo !!
Alguma ideia? Eu encontrei no interior da unidade perto de onde os cabos vêm e para as molas (um vermelho um azul) há outro par de cabos (laranja e marrom) que foi cortado em lixo! Mas, infelizmente, em ambos os lados, não é possível ver onde eles conectam o compartimento antes ... esses cabos são fáceis de ver se a unidade está aberta por baixo ..
Se alguém tiver uma foto dessa vista, talvez eu possa identificar de onde esses cabos foram cortados... SE por esse motivo...
de qualquer maneira alguém que encontrar esquemas?
Olá amigo, em breve estarei adquirindo esta linda máquina, é uma solton Commander 2000! é funcional, ou seja, liga e todos os canais passam sinal e spring reverb também funciona, mas o motor do cabrestante não gira e acho que vou enfrentar o problema de ter que consertar logo quando o aparelho chegar... muita sorte de encontrar este fórum e ver algumas pessoas com esta mesa linda. Enquanto isso, estou enviando uma foto do interior de um comandante Solton 2000! Que certamente não deve ser muito diferente do seu em sua arquitetura.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
:cop:

Please post in English:

Hello friend, soon I will be acquiring this beautiful machine, it's a commander solton 2000! it is functional, ie turn on and all channels pass signal and spring reverb also works, but the engine of the halter does not rotate and I think I will face the problem of having to fix soon when the device arrives ... very lucky to find this forum and see some people with this lovely table. In the meantime, I'm sending a picture of the inside of a Solton 2000 commander! That certainly shouldn't be too different from yours in your architecture.

Hello friend, I will soon be acquiring this beautiful machine, it is a solton Commander 2000! it is functional, that is, it turns on and all channels pass signal and spring reverb also works, but the capstan motor does not turn and I think I will face the problem of having to fix it soon when the unit arrives... very lucky to find this forum and see some people with this beautiful table. In the meantime, I am sending you a picture of the interior of a Solton 2000 commander! Which certainly shouldn't be too different from yours in its architecture.