just want a clean sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,i'm new to board for about two day and i been doing alot of reading all this ohms and wiring configurations is something i got to learn i'm dj and i use to do alot of clubs now since i became mobile i'm trying to get my sound and equipment suited the best way possible with what i got. I use a numark ns7 dj controller with the laptop, no problems there the problems come in with my sound amp be clipping can't tun it up and speakers & mics sound muffled at times.Please can someone tell me how to wire this stuff so i can get the sound i need. these are what i have: Peavey PV 14 Stereo Mixer, Behringer SU9920 Sonic Ultramizer, VocoPro UHF5800 Wireless Handheld Microphone System,& two Behringer Eurolive VP2520 PA Speaker (2000 Watts, 2x15") 4 ohms and 1 Behringer Eurolive VP1800S PA Subwoofer (1600 Watts, 1x18") 8 ohms no matter how i run this all xlr cables i get clipping and can't turn it up

Hi,i'm new to board for about two day and i been doing alot of reading all this ohms and wiring configurations is something i got to learn i'm dj and i use to do alot of clubs now since i became mobile i'm trying to get my sound and equipment suited the best way possible with what i got. I use a numark ns7 dj controller with the laptop, no problems there the problems come in with my sound amp be clipping can't tun it up and speakers & mics sound muffled at times.Please can someone tell me how to wire this stuff so i can get the sound i need. these are what i have: Peavey PV 14 Stereo Mixer, Behringer SU9920 Sonic Ultramizer, VocoPro UHF5800 Wireless Handheld Microphone System,& two Behringer Eurolive VP2520 PA Speaker (2000 Watts, 2x15") 4 ohms and 1 Behringer Eurolive VP1800S PA Subwoofer (1600 Watts, 1x18") 8 ohms no matter how i run this all xlr cables i get clipping and can't turn it up

Hi xl990 you don't mention what amplifiers and crossover you are using?
Those speakers are not active models?

First port of call would be to PFL what's going into the desk - check the meters, adjust the gain if necessacary, and listen on headphones to make sure it's clean there - if not then maybe you've got a real gain missmatch problem or a faulty bit of gear.
Just a thought, you're not running into a mic input when you should be using a line are you? Line inputs might be on jacks.

@ tomi no i 'm not running into a mic it's in the line with xlr cable i was told to by a cable tester to check my xlr cable someone told me they do go bad like rca,i think the peavey board is to much for my amp the only reason i brought the board cause of the 4 in 1 wireless microphone i got

Go right back to the basics.

Plug an MP3 player into the amplifier, hook it up to the speakers. Listen.
Sound okay?

Next, plug your MP3 player into the mixing desk, plug the mixing desk into the amplifier.
Does that sound okay?

Break it down and add one device at a time going from the absolute basics until you add something that makes the sound go wrong. When the sound goes wrong, tell us exactly what you did and we can help more from there.

well, you need headroom. seeing what you have there. you need more amps. I'll keep the low end in mind.

you have a ep2500 my recommendation is to bridge that amp and run just the sub only.

since this is a budget system, get two more ep2500, bridge them for one amp per high pack.

and get a crossover, like a Behringer cx2310

xlr out of the mixer goes to the cx2310, the summed mono out goes to the bridged ep2500 then to the subwoofer.

then later on if you need to expand, you already have 2-way capabilities.

the trs outputs of the main one each to a bridged ep2500.

then set up your ultramizer like this:

2 trs cables one going to the mon out and the other on the EFX
(these are the board's aux sends btw) mute the fx by pressing the efx defeat button. these two trs cables go to the input of the ultramizer.

the output of the ultramizer goes t/s to rca or xlr to rca back to the tape input.

mix reproduction devices only to the ultramizer (no microphones). adjust drive to ultramizer via mon send and efx send.
always mix the ultramizer back so it colors the sound. you never want to use the effect to get more gain.

now you system will be clean, as master output -6 db is approx 100db of radiated audio.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.