Mini Rack

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built a small PA using a Crown xti 2000 and an AH ZED14 mixer. Next, I needed a place to hang connectors, but using a conventional rack seemed like overkill.
I got out a piece of 12mm ply and started cutting ... and this is what I ended up with.

Attachments

• MiniRack.gif
    MiniRack.gif
    46.8 KB · Views: 216
Hi Don. Looking good. Seems cover friendly ( ply, vinly, whatever). And thanks for the cutsheet of Bjorno's TQWP. I built one loaded with a reconed Gauss and while I haven't taken it out, it sure sounds good in the house! Hornrespons looks OK , not really up to speed on MJK's sheets. Anyway, you've helped me (again) to get busy DIYing while I'm still noobish about theory and such. Thanks !!!

Very similar to the rack I built for my setup, Numark cdj3 up top with a uhf wireless Rx and behringer DCX-2496 and a 2 rack space below for my CC-5500. Id include pictures but the manage attachments section won't let me. Very compact setup, should work good for you.

Last edited:
I used bolts in the back for the rear rack ears, up front I used 1/8" aluminum "L" channel screwed to the sides so the ears face in, then tapped and threaded holes to mount the amp(s). (I forgot that I actually have my Crown K1 in there too.) The aluminum channel starts at the bottom and runs up to and backwards to accommodate the other equipment up top. I really like the way it looks.

Last edited:
Mini Rack PA

Yup ... HP subs @30Hz, XO @100Hz. Still playing with the EQ. I like it with
+3dB for the subs. The PR12s don't like bass and the highs above 15KHz just
heat the horn coils.

If you have an xti and don't use Band Manager, you're missing out.

Compromise, compromise!!!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.