Acoustically transparent waterproof fabric - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > PA Systems

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th February 2012, 02:53 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Community speakers has a truly weather proof outdoor series of speakers that use multiple layers of acoustic foam and stainless mesh covering the fronts of their speaker. They talk about it on their website Community Professional Loudspeakers

I have used various models of their R Series speakers in fully exposed outdoor installs with no problems.

There is a company called Undercover that makes covers for portable equipment one model has a front that is as they say "sound transparent & waterproof"
Protection Ranges - Pro Audio, Video, Lighting, OEM Custom Covers - Under Cover

The covers I had made to fit over my various systems for weather protection at rainy outdoor shows are waterproof but not sound transparent!
Old 22nd February 2012, 03:37 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

AFAIK JBL uses an open cell reticulated foam behind their grills on their SRX line. The exact type escapes me now but it was discussed in the Prosoundweb forums. You may have to use the search feature to find it. Hope this helps.
Old 31st October 2013, 12:00 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Sling Chair Fabric

Hide this!Advertise here!