Planning a new golf course PA system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, I've done some searching but haven't found many answers, so I thought that I would try here.

I am tying to put together a decent PA system for the golf course that I work at, I've dabbled in home and car audio and know just enough to be dangerous. That being said, please laugh now! We currently use a PA system to communicate from inside club hosue out to the first tee to announce tee times. Our current system has went bad, and we need to replace it.

Here are some ideas that the Head PGA Pro and I have talked about that he would like in a system...
1 - communicate to up to 4 zones, independently and together as needed, as if on a speaker selector.
2 - have both a wired mic and a wireless mic (or at least wireless) to be able to go outside and make announcements for outings and tournaments.
3 - good sound quality.

We currently have two zones with two PA shelf systems that share a mic, I was wondering if something like on this link would work with speaker selection and having one PA shelf unit
Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

I'm not sure how the wireless units work and if they are capable of this, I have been around the portable wireless units that come with giant speakers, but this is not what he wants, we currently have outdoor speakers that are about the size ofa Kleenex box and he wants to stay with that, but wants to have a 1st tee zone, 10th tee zone, and staging area zone that are all outside, and then an inside zone. being able to communicate between one, two, three, or all four at once.

Please let me know if there are any decent products out there, remember that we will not be playing music, strictly talking/communicating, and also not that all 4 zones can be hard wired for speakers since they are just different places around the clubouse, furthest two being 200' apart. so a wireless mic would never travel more than 200 ft from teh base.

Thanks in advance and I hope that everyone enjoys my rambling and gets a good laugh at yet another newb

Pity you can't find a setup from a drive in theater. Adequate sound for speech, speakers impervious to rain, snow, sleet, lightning. Cast pot metal speaker housings impervious to missiles. Tube amps impervious to lightning.
School PA systems from Bogen etc used to have the 4 zone thing, had talk and listen capability in each classroom. There was a big bank of switches next to the principal's office. Talk to everyone or select a zone.
Ah, those were the old days. I have my suspicions about anybody making anything that durable these days being bankrupt years ago.

Last edited:
For loudspeakers look at the Community R.5 R-SERIES

For an amplifier try an Ashly PE4125 pêma Powered Processors from Ashly Audio

It will take a microphone directly, has built in EQ, delay and has four amplifier channels. You can make a switch panel to preset zone paging or presets for sound reinforcement use.

For a paging mic try a Shure 514B Shure Americas | 514B Voice Communication Microphone | All-purpose, Lavalier, Paging, Production

For a wireless mic any cheap thing from the local music store will do. Better still eBay!

If you have trouble find the parts let me know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.