please help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello po mga sir..tanong ko lang kung pano mag wiring nang series at parallel na connection from power to speakers..k8 po yung power amp..sabi po ditu 2x1350 at 4ohms at 2x800 at 8ohms...heto po mga speker ko dalawang 450w 4ohms at dlwang 300w 4ohms...anu po bang tamang connection pra hindi ma sira ang power amp at mga speker....

slmat po mga sir

please help hello mga sir...im just asking if how to wire a series and parallel connection from power amplifier to speakers..Konzert K8 is my amplifier....it say 2x1350watts at 4ohms and 2x800watts at 8ohmsss..here is my spekeres 2pcs 450w 4ohms and 2pcs 300w 4ohms...what is the proper setup or wiring connection for this setup without damaging the speker or the amp..

thanks in dvance
jay

I sounds as if you have a 2 channel amp that is rather hot for the speakers, 2 channels with either a 4 ohm rating or a lower 8 ohm rating. If you put a 450 w 4 ohm speaker and at 300 w 4 ohm speaker in series on each channel, you will be close to okay. If the amp is rated 800 w on each channel at 800 ohm. However a really loud prolonged note could blow the 300w speaker in each pair. You would be better to put a 2 ohm 225 W resistor in series with each pair of speakers for more perfect assurance that you won't destroy your speakers. For example, this resistor.
OHMITE|C300K2R0E|RESISTOR, POWER, 2OHM, 300W, 10 | Newark.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.