Electronic Crossovers - your favorite? - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > PA Systems

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th March 2012, 01:10 AM   #51
diyAudio Member

Por que Bunker?
Old 22nd April 2012, 11:45 AM   #52
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to sketchyphish
Default Because

I decided to contact the company because i had fond thier product quite interesting. They seemed to have a good market position by offering some things that only more expensive units have, but also being cheaper than equivelent products.

Mearly that i am going to get one of thier units and thought it would be worth mentioning on a thread about active crossovers.

Gotta give everyone a chance right, otherwise you might miss something interesting.
Old 22nd April 2012, 09:31 PM   #53
Xoc1 is offline Xoc1  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

A friend of mine has recently bought a Bunker crossover and is very pleased with it compared with his DBX driverack. The killer feature of the Bunker is that it is 2 in 8 out so gives good savings over 6 out crossovers that have to be used in pairs for 4 way active setup
Old 23rd April 2012, 08:13 AM   #54
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to sketchyphish
Its also very good for doing 2-way (sub and top) x4 allowing for one to work with quad stacks and convolution filters and create some very interesting holographic sound.
Old 24th April 2012, 10:32 PM   #55
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

thinking about trying these modules
fully discrete design

NewClassD Opamps an
Old 24th April 2012, 10:42 PM   #56
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

or I might even try this one

http://www.groundsound.com/pdfdoc/DCN23kit.pdf
Old 28th November 2014, 09:25 PM   #57
diyAudio Member

I use a couple of the Bunker BPD 1. What is good about them is that all those extra outputs are completely independent of the previous output. Each output has the internal circuitry to do any task....

The Dbx driverack.... No chance to do subwoofer on the third output, with anything near a good result. I sold my Dbx unit to start buying these. You can drive an entire subwoofer array with one of these if you want, as all outputs will do subwoofer's high and low pass no problem.

Very clean specifications, and the parametric eq's on all the outputs work very well. These units have the texas instruments 4 channel chips inside.
Old 16th December 2014, 07:26 PM   #58
diyAudio Member

There is always Acorate for a computer. Also, for the DCX2496 it is really nice to replace the bad 4558 opamps with JRC2068 type. This really improves the sound.
Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM   #59
diyAudio Member

My stuff is simple.
For analog, I have Rane. But Peavey and Beringer are hard to beat on price at this low end.

Hide this!Advertise here!