Help with Behringer CX2310 crossover - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > PA Systems

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th August 2011, 03:11 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Unhappy Help with Behringer CX2310 crossover

I'm a newbie to this forum and also to the world of audio equipments. So, any help on this is greatly appreciated.

I'm a DJ and now I'm trying to put together my own sound system. I've my mixing deck, 2 power amps and matching subs & tops for left and right. Now, I need to plug in a crossover to feed in my 2 amps with low and mid/high frequencies. I'm thinking of buying Beringher CX2310 crossover, which is affordable to me.

Before I buy that, I looked at its manual to check its configuration and how it cab be connected with my equipments. I'm bit confused now, as far as I know, crossover should have 2 main inputs from my mixer for left and right. And, there should be 4 outputs for left and right of low and mid/high amps. But, I cannot figure how that can be configures with this crossover.

Am I thinking wrong, or is it done in a different way. If anyone has any experience with CX2310, please explain me how this equipment can be setup for suit my requirement.
Old 15th August 2011, 03:51 PM   #2
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

You will be fine as long as you have XLR connections. It's actually a 4 way mono or 3 way stereo if you count the subwoofer outs. No problem connecting it.
Old 15th August 2011, 04:47 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the response. Yes, I've got XLR connections on my mixer. But I'm not quite clear about the wiring side of things.

In CX2310 manual (http://www.behringer.com/assets/CX2310_P0132_M_EN.pdf), where it describes stereo 2-way operation, it highlights only one input connector and one set of high/low output connectors. That's where I'm getting bit confused. Is it a mistake in the document?
Old 15th August 2011, 04:59 PM   #4
Pano is online now Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

It has 2 inputs and four outputs +sub if you use it as a 2 -way. Switch it to 3-way and now you have 1 input (#6) and 3 outputs (1,2,3 + sub)
If you are running stereo, you'll get 4 outputs and sub. High & Low Left -- High & Low Right + 1 sub.

Pretty easy.
Old 15th August 2011, 05:36 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks again. I've got a one more question. In a stereo 2-way system, how would I set the high/low crossover frequency. Does that depend on the specifications of my subs and tops. If so, what should I look in those. Otherwise, is there a general set of rules or settings that I can follow?
Old 15th August 2011, 05:41 PM   #6
Pano is online now Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

It depends entirely on the subs and tops. What do you have?
Old 15th August 2011, 05:42 PM   #7
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Each set of drivers is looking for it's own frequencies so if you have a little more info on them perhaps we can help. Use the word woofer instead of sub. Less confusing

EDIT : Pano posting while I typed.
Old 6th December 2011, 07:41 AM   #8
steze48 is offline steze48  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello...
I am new to this site and find it very informing.
I have a question pertaining to connecting 2 subs to the Behringer CX2310.
As stated the crossover has one channel out for the sub.
If using 2 subs, one for each side if the stage, do I connect one sub to the other sub when bi-amping the power amp?
Or...should I make up a lo Z Y cord coming from the crossover sub out to both A and B input sides of the amp and use it in stereo mode with 2 speaker cords from the amp to the subs..Or is there another way that they should be connected?
I have the Behringer EP2000 power amp for the subs which are 2 Peavey 118's (400W ea.)
This is for live music.
Link to Behringer EP2000

BEHRINGER: EP2000

As you can see, the manual is pretty limited in this set-up.
The Behringer speakers shown in the manual have the speakon connectors...
My speakers have 2-1/4" TS connections each and have ordered the speakon to 1/4" TS speaker cords...

Thanks in advance...Steve
Old 7th December 2011, 08:45 PM   #9
steze48 is offline steze48  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steze48 View Post
Hello...
I am new to this site and find it very informing.
I have a question pertaining to connecting 2 subs to the Behringer CX2310.
As stated the crossover has one channel out for the sub.
If using 2 subs, one for each side if the stage, do I connect one sub to the other sub when bi-amping the power amp?
Or...should I make up a lo Z Y cord coming from the crossover sub out to both A and B input sides of the amp and use it in stereo mode with 2 speaker cords from the amp to the subs..Or is there another way that they should be connected?
I have the Behringer EP2000 power amp for the subs which are 2 Peavey 118's (400W ea.)
This is for live music.
Link to Behringer EP2000

BEHRINGER: EP2000

As you can see, the manual is pretty limited in this set-up.
The Behringer speakers shown in the manual have the speakon connectors...
My speakers have 2-1/4" TS connections each and have ordered the speakon to 1/4" TS speaker cords...

Thanks in advance...Steve
Well...Looks like I stumped everyone...Ohms is my concern...
Old 7th December 2011, 10:59 PM   #10
wg_ski is offline wg_ski  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steze48 View Post
Hello...
No Y cord is needed - the amp should be able to run "parallel mono" (the EP1500/2500 could - see the little DIP switches on the back of the amp). Dont "bridge mono" with a low end PV sub unless you like reconing.

Put both subs together. You pick up 3dB more output compared to splitting them, and the bass should be more even around the room.

Hide this!Advertise here!