Help with Behringer CX2310 crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Crossover, amps & Mixer setup

Hi,
I’m new at this & I’m trying to set up a sound system at my place for family gatherings and such. Could anyone direct me as to how would I connect the following equipment?
Thank you very much for your time and patience.

• XENYX 1222FX Mixer
• BEHRINGER CX3400 PRO AUDIO DJ 3 /4 WAY ELECTRONIC CROSSOVER
• 1 Crown Powerbase 3 Amp
• 1 Behringer EP2500 Amp
• 2 Behringer B212XL Speakers
• 2 Behringer EUROLIVE VP1800S Subwoofer

I have just purchased the Cx2310 I'm currently running a Numark CD1 mixer to my Berhinger EP4000 amp with 2xPeavy 15" black widows and 15" wharfedale sub could any body tell me the best way to wire up and connect my new CX2310 into my existing system my mobile is 07956822325 if you could possibly explain by text or whatsapp with diagrams if possible thanks Paul wheatley

Don't buy Behringer

I got rid of my Behringer X-over when it started cracking everytime I turned up the bass on my DJ rig. Sounded like the speaker was limiting. Turned out it was the x-over. Probably some kind of circuit board fault. Quality control just not good enough. Trashed it.

For all you guys looking for help setting up these Behringer crossovers.

The first thing you do if you haven't done so already is open or download a copy of the manual from the manufacturers web site and study it.

The go to the rear of the crossover and set the mode switches in the middle for whatever configuration you want, 2-way stereo, 3-way stereo, 4-way mono, etc.
Then turn the unit around and power it up and you will see the LEDs lit above the controls that are necessary for your use, ignore everything else.

Then just follow the directions in the manual and don't be afraid to experiment, there is no right or wrong.. if it sounds good it is.

Basic crossover starting points are 80-120hz for subs to mains and that will work for any type of sub, if you're doing a 3 or 4 way the crossovers are dependent on the drivers and cabs being used, this is a more advanced setup that requires specific advice.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.