Help with Behringer CX2310 crossover - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > PA Systems

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2011, 06:20 PM   #11
steze48 is offline steze48  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wg_ski View Post
No Y cord is needed - the amp should be able to run "parallel mono" (the EP1500/2500 could - see the little DIP switches on the back of the amp). Dont "bridge mono" with a low end PV sub unless you like reconing.

Put both subs together. You pick up 3dB more output compared to splitting them, and the bass should be more even around the room.
Thank you for the reply,WG_SKY...
So...There is a reason for one sub connection!
I have always wondered why!!!
So this explains it...Sub frequencies are omnidirectional but when you split them up with 2 cabinets you're defeating the efficiency by around 3db's...
Is there a way to improve the efficiency when they are split up on either side of a stage like in a professional stage concert?
There is usually 2 stacks, left stage and right stage...a group of horns on top...followed by the mid cabs , lo cabs, and on bottom are the sub cabs on each side of the stacks...
OR! am I missing something like maybe the subs are grouped together at the center bottom under the stage!
I do know that a home theater set-up always has one sub and the rest are right and left except for the center channel speaker...
I am putting together a new PA system for our band and want to get the most out of it...
Thanks...
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 07:48 PM   #12
wg_ski is offline wg_ski  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by steze48 View Post
Is there a way to improve the efficiency when they are split up on either side of a stage like in a professional stage concert?
There is usually 2 stacks, left stage and right stage...a group of horns on top...followed by the mid cabs , lo cabs, and on bottom are the sub cabs on each side of the stacks...
OR! am I missing something like maybe the subs are grouped together at the center bottom under the stage!
If they know what they're doing, they won't be split up. Or, it might be that the sound guys aren't the ones with the last word in how it gets set up, and they have to live with something that's not optimum. They can throw a quarter million watts at the problem - you probably can't.

And what looks like 'subs' may just be the bass bins down to 80-100 Hz or so, with the subs out of view.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 11:32 PM   #13
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
ewww the B word.

dbx crossovers are the way to go for budget no nonsense crossovers. and you get a lot better unit than those b things that last a couple of seasons. The power amp that you have made by them is a QSC copy that performs like the rmx series, its ok and other than the usual suspect of bad power interconnects, it should last you awhile.

If you want a step above that, look at the EV DX38.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 05:43 AM   #14
steze48 is offline steze48  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesNotHere View Post
ewww the B word.

dbx crossovers are the way to go for budget no nonsense crossovers. and you get a lot better unit than those b things that last a couple of seasons. The power amp that you have made by them is a QSC copy that performs like the rmx series, its ok and other than the usual suspect of bad power interconnects, it should last you awhile.

If you want a step above that, look at the EV DX38.
Thanks for your information but your comments are too late!
I have Behringer products and have used them in the past and present and still going strong...and plan on using them now...
DBX and QSC are way over priced for my budget...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 04:46 PM   #15
steze48 is offline steze48  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
I will check out the DBX crossover reviews...After reviewing the reviews on the Behringer I am having second thoughts!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 06:15 PM   #16
steze48 is offline steze48  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
OK! So I was wrong about some of the Behringer products! Live and learn! Reviews are a good asset in choosing products!
I will try to sell the CX 2310 or use it for a boat anchor! LOL!
Let me change horses in the middle of the stream!
I will buy the DBX 223XL or the 234XL crossover, that is if these are the right choices....
I still have the Behringer EP2000 power amp which is new and will just use that for monitors.
Looking at the QSC amps...Pretty high priced but I guess you get what you pay for!
As I stated above I have used Behringer products in the past...
I have the BX3000T bass head which has been good to me for 6 years now and is a real thumper!
I also have an Ampeg B4R bass head which beats the crap out of the Behringer...
Also a small Behringer MX 802A mixer which I use for the drum mikes into 2 line outs.
It is clean and noise free... With a mixer with more channels I could eliminate that...
I have an old Alesis 1622 16 channel mixer, 8 XLR's which I picked up on ebay but is noisy and scratchy...Pots and sliders are worn out useless!
So am looking for a mixer also...24 to 32 channels...
So the Behringer mixer reviews are not so good either...I was told to avoid them...
I checked out the Mackie SR24.4's and SR32.4's and the reviews are fair...
This leaves me with one more I have found which is the Allen & Heath XED 22 and 24...
Is their another mixer that is clean and quiet with a good reputation?
I really want to do this only one time without having to replace faulty components.
I am not new to mixing sound but I am old school by using just an old Peavey 12 powered mixer, 2 mains and 3-4 wedge monitors...Spliting the amp mains on A and monitors on B
I just want to do it right the first time!!! ( or, should I say second time)
I am a drummer but play bass also...
Thank you...
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 02:16 AM   #17
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
cool, The only fore see able problem with the ep2000 is on the transformer molex connector degrades over time because it is not rated for that kind of current. A buddie of mine fixed a bunch of them by soldering the transformer directly to the pc board. If you didn't get one that he already changed, you might want to solder that connection.


allen and heath xed are ok but be nice to them as they are a little flimsy and don't handle being put in a rack that gets thrown around.

I use the presonus 16.4.2 on my small pa. clean board the gain stucture is set up correctly inside. most places can monitor without even hooking up a monitor eq!

and it records too
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 05:27 AM   #18
steze48 is offline steze48  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesNotHere View Post
cool, The only fore see able problem with the ep2000 is on the transformer molex connector degrades over time because it is not rated for that kind of current. A buddie of mine fixed a bunch of them by soldering the transformer directly to the pc board. If you didn't get one that he already changed, you might want to solder that connection.


allen and heath xed are ok but be nice to them as they are a little flimsy and don't handle being put in a rack that gets thrown around.

I use the presonus 16.4.2 on my small pa. clean board the gain stucture is set up correctly inside. most places can monitor without even hooking up a monitor eq!

and it records too
Oh yes! Presonus I checked those out and they have great reviews...
On the Behringer amp...Are the leads from the transformer a plug-in type?
I will open it up and check...
Just purchased a DBX 266 XL compressor for my drums...
May purchase another for vocals and run it through an effects loop.
I will know more about setting everything up once I have a good mixer.
I have decided to not use an active crossover because the Peaveys have the built in passive and don't want to void the warranty by removing them...
I'm thinking I could run the subs off one buss and mains off the sum or whatever the mixer is setup for.
I have a set of Cad mikes for the drums and also using a Roland TD7 module with triggers on the kick and toms.
OK...Now, back to the search for a mixer! Thanks Dave's Not Here...
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 08:44 AM   #19
steze48 is offline steze48  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by steze48 View Post
Oh yes! Presonus I checked those out and they have great reviews...
On the Behringer amp...Are the leads from the transformer a plug-in type?
I will open it up and check...
Just purchased a DBX 266 XL compressor for my drums...
May purchase another for vocals and run it through an effects loop.
I will know more about setting everything up once I have a good mixer.
I have decided to not use an active crossover because the Peaveys have the built in passive and don't want to void the warranty by removing them...
I'm thinking I could run the subs off one buss and mains off the sum or whatever the mixer is setup for.
I have a set of Cad mikes for the drums and also using a Roland TD7 module with triggers on the kick and toms.
OK...Now, back to the search for a mixer! Thanks Dave's Not Here...
I would like to add that I am looking for an analog mixer for our live bar room/ night club gigs...The Presonus is simular to the Yamaha 01V I had several years ago...If we do any recording I just use my Roland VS1680...Great for demos and such...
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 02:15 PM   #20
EddieL is offline EddieL  St Lucia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default Help

Hi Guys,I am new on here,kinda have a similar issue and I am hoping that you could help me here.I want to add a crossover to my system,which consist of 2,2 way mains boxes, 2 sub-woofers and 2 amps. My question is since they are 2 way boxes with one signal input,is it possible to use a 2 way crossover because all the ones I have looked at are suggesting separate signals for low,mid and highs.

Thanks
EddieL
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Behringer CX2310? Cal Weldon Multi-Way 15 25th November 2011 05:10 AM
behringer cx2310 hillbear Analog Line Level 0 27th October 2010 01:27 PM
FS: Behringer CX2310 two-way active crossover nl Swap Meet 1 10th June 2009 02:06 PM
FS: Behringer CX2310 active crossover plus 2x PEQ2200 parametric equalizers nl Swap Meet 6 21st May 2009 03:58 PM
short DC when turning on and shutting off Behringer cx2310 crossover keyser Parts 3 1st February 2005 09:37 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:10 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2