how do you use a Genexxa ELECTRET 33-3007 unidirectional condenser microphone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently purchased a Genexxa ELECTRET 33-3007 unidirectional condenser microphone, to use as a boom mic and I also purchased a xrl to 3.5 mm cord to use for it, after puting a battery in it and plugging the 3.5 mm cord into the auxillary port on my ipod dock I could hear nothing but a sound when i flicked the power switch on and off, so I tried it in another auxillary port of just a stereo and this time I didnt hear anything even when I clicked the power switch, Also my computer or ipod would'nt reconize it as a microphone,
however when I put and amp converter onto the 3.5mm plug (sorry I dont know the real name) and plugged it into the "guitor" slot of the amp it worked fine, with the few execptions of the amp's alterations, but it wouldnt work with the same plug in the "cd player" plug in the amp.

Would somebody please explain how why this is? and how I can use this microphone with something that would record it?

Just a suggestion. Check how the adaptor cable is wired. If it is a three pole 3.5mm connector, and wired balanced (pin 2 tip, pin three ring) it is not going to work into a stereo input of your standard computer interface, which expects tip=left input, ring right, and sleeve common ground. Shorting ring to ground (as you probably do in your guitar interface) will do it. (mono on one input)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.