diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   PA Systems (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pa-systems/)
-   -   DIY PA Speakers Setup (Line Aray) (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pa-systems/174053-diy-pa-speakers-setup-line-aray.html)

apexaudio 21st September 2010 09:42 PM

DIY PA Speakers Setup (Line Aray)
 
3 Attachment(s)
DIY PA Speakers for general purpose or Line Aray.

Dual 2X18inch Horn Reflex Sub (40-200Hz)
Three Way Full Range (80-20000Hz) 15inch bass horn + 2X8inch mid + 1inch HF driver.

TrueSound 21st September 2010 09:47 PM

The bass horn looks like it will be a big cancellation mess from the back wave and the midbass 15 horn looks like it's an upper mid horn. Maybe you should look a little deeper.

apexaudio 21st September 2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueSound (Post 2310385)
The bass horn looks like it will be a big cancellation mess from the back wave and the midbass 15 horn looks like it's an upper mid horn. Maybe you should look a little deeper.

Similar bass horn, and midbass horn you can find in many brand speakers: KV2, EV... and it's work, there is nothing realy new. Dynacord 'Cobra' is compact line aray speaker system, and this suggest DIY sistem can be compare with Dynacord, but useing more available speakers for many diyers.

picowallspeaker 21st September 2010 10:34 PM

I don't like half of them , I'm not gonna build 'em ! Better building big sealed CONCRETE boxes !! They're gonna rock ! Sure !!
I'm jocking..but ; if there isn't any improvement over the market speakers ,what is the
purpose of a DIYer ? Do you know if there is any difference by putting the top box horizontally or vertically ? I just came to know that an array source can offer a really wide and long soundstage but that after a looooong study and a perfected tecnique.

apexaudio 21st September 2010 10:34 PM

Suggested sub/sut x-over frequency is 150Hz, 24dB/oct.

apexaudio 21st September 2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by picowallspeaker (Post 2310429)
I don't like half of them , I'm not gonna build 'em ! Better building big sealed CONCRETE boxes !! They're gonna rock ! Sure !!
I'm jocking..but ; if there isn't any improvement over the market speakers ,what is the
purpose of a DIYer ? Do you know if there is any difference by putting the top box horizontally or vertically ? I just came to know that an array source can offer a really wide and long soundstage but that after a looooong study and a perfected tecnique.

You spoke like salesman (don't try to build line array it can't be made you must bay it), but diyer with some skills can make usefull 'line aray', and save lot of money. Diyers build two way speakers (15inch + HF) all the time, only for a few hours, and this is just next step.

picowallspeaker 21st September 2010 11:04 PM

yes you're right :like a salesman !!:eek:
So ,PA means public address . Do you consider people cheap ?
Yes I'm thinking of building a high efficiency box with a 10" plus...maybe a 3/4"
and a horn,but that's supposed to be hi-fi.Difficult to beat my double 6,5" plus paper tweeter and waveguide ,total cost 100 .
I respect your knowledge in solid state circuits but when it comes to box construction the electronic engineer often fails . I'd follow TrueSound advice (yes ,he's mad !) to look deeper .
Rgds Tony

apexaudio 21st September 2010 11:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by picowallspeaker (Post 2310454)
yes you're right :like a salesman !!:eek:
So ,PA means public address . Do you consider people cheap ?
Yes I'm thinking of building a high efficiency box with a 10" plus...maybe a 3/4"
and a horn,but that's supposed to be hi-fi.Difficult to beat my double 6,5" plus paper tweeter and waveguide ,total cost 100 .
I respect your knowledge in solid state circuits but when it comes to box construction the electronic engineer often fails . I'd follow TrueSound advice (yes ,he's mad !) to look deeper .
Rgds Tony

Give some advice to this people
Regards

picowallspeaker 21st September 2010 11:46 PM

I'm not gonna build 'em !

apexaudio 22nd September 2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by picowallspeaker (Post 2310485)
I'm not gonna build 'em !

You don't need 'em, but people who put 40 subs and 10 two way suts over need some advice and suggestions :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:29 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2