DIY PA Speakers Setup (Line Aray) - Page 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > PA Systems

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th July 2012, 02:29 AM   #91
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexaudio View Post
Simple 10 inch sat
Will you share that dimension??

Regards
Old 13th July 2012, 03:31 PM   #92
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexaudio View Post
You don't need 'em, but people who put 40 subs and 10 two way suts over need some advice and suggestions
Im guessing this is a dub bass system, the place where people like to vibe to basslines that are far louder than the mids/tweeters, to save there ears abit
Old 30th November 2012, 03:01 PM   #93
diyAudio Member

Sub MB15
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MB15.jpg (62.0 KB, 796 views)
File Type: jpg APEX MB sub 15.JPG (175.0 KB, 776 views)
Old 1st December 2012, 12:02 AM   #94
diyAudio Member

apexaudio
in your b151 design can the drivers be mounted cone out or is there a specific reason for mounting them this way?
Old 1st December 2012, 02:10 PM   #95
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk 182 View Post
apexaudio
in your b151 design can the drivers be mounted cone out or is there a specific reason for mounting them this way?
There is a reasons (better cooling and larger velocity) for mounting them this way, but drivers can be cone out mounted.
Old 1st December 2012, 02:12 PM   #96
diyAudio Member

MB15 with drivers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2 X MB15.jpg (112.7 KB, 721 views)
Old 1st December 2012, 10:06 PM   #97
diyAudio Member

very tastefully done apexaudio.
Old 1st December 2012, 11:15 PM   #98
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by picowallspeaker View Post
I don't like half of them , I'm not gonna build 'em ! Better building big sealed CONCRETE boxes !! They're gonna rock ! Sure !!
I'm jocking..but ; if there isn't any improvement over the market speakers ,what is the
purpose of a DIYer ? Do you know if there is any difference by putting the top box horizontally or vertically ? I just came to know that an array source can offer a really wide and long soundstage but that after a looooong study and a perfected tecnique.
Take some Valium, brother! Apex is just making suggestions; nobody is forcing you to build anything you don't like. But I think the point of a DIYer is to build somebody's 2000-dollar design and build one that looks and sounds like it but for a quarter of the price. Do you think you are smarter and better equipped to out-design the R&D departments at JBL and EAW??
Phil
Old 10th December 2012, 05:19 AM   #99
diyAudio Member

Default subwoofer

Dear sir Apex,
I am using your design with 12 inch drivers.Response is very good with 3- way active crossover system.It is driven by your 'quasi amp for beginners' amplifier. I want to know that does it need any subwoofer filter circuit or fine with 3 way active crossover ? Also please suggest me anything suitable to cover front opening of this box.
thanks
sudhir.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg box1 (Copy).JPG (429.5 KB, 649 views)
Old 10th December 2012, 05:27 AM   #100
diyAudio Member

You could just cover the area open to the drivers with an acoustically transperent black material, and do the front sloping bits in a wood grain for some contrast...

Hide this!Advertise here!