Nightclub speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i was wondering ... how come nobody bothered to ask what type of music is playing in this club ....
----for example a design like that as described in the first post if playing in a club that program is rock music will perform perfectly but midrange and high will have a quiet hard job to do since this type of music will demand perfect and plenty of midle and high ... bass will not be enough especially in lowlow ends ... but not really importand for this type of music

---- then again if for example the program is house music oar mainstream then midle an high are going to be more enough but the absence of rich bass is going to be more than obvious ...since this type of music demands a kicking bass not only plenty but also rich ... expentancy of this design is to have a punchy bass but not rich in the low end

as is and for the above comments that could be ideal as a "second way" to a 2way system ...IE sub woofer is required ... then again this speaker can only be celing mounted and that will make things even worst from low end aspects

regards sakis

i was wondering ... how come nobody bothered to ask what type of music is playing in this club ....
----for example a design like that as described in the first post if playing in a club that program is rock music will perform perfectly but midrange and high will have a quiet hard job to do since this type of music will demand perfect and plenty of midle and high ... bass will not be enough especially in lowlow ends ... but not really importand for this type of music

---- then again if for example the program is house music oar mainstream then midle an high are going to be more enough but the absence of rich bass is going to be more than obvious ...since this type of music demands a kicking bass not only plenty but also rich ... expentancy of this design is to have a punchy bass but not rich in the low end

as is and for the above comments that could be ideal as a "second way" to a 2way system ...IE sub woofer is required ... then again this speaker can only be celing mounted and that will make things even worst from low end aspects

regards sakis

Good comments Sakis a think a sub with satellites looks way better then what I draw before. And the small baffle of the satellites is much better because reflections on the baffle are prevented.

kilo-1.jpg

Last edited:
Because your American I suggest
Buying QSC horns etc and clone the SC-2150 like this guy has done. Pretty insane for the low, low price he paid if you ask me. Oh yeah, do yourself a favour and buy a decent active XO..
(Add subs appropiate to the room to this SC-2150 clone and presto, killer nightclub performance.. :)

Having a look at William Cowan's site also doesn't hurt. :D Especially his unity horn/quest for bass topics.

Why look at these (insanely extreme) 'PA home systems'? High sound quality versus low diy price. :)
Keep in mind that every room needs it's own approach. (building/space/materials,throw, 'area's', number of visitors, type of music{how loud/bassperformance}) etc etc.

Ps. can't say this enough; Oh yeah, do yourself a favour and buy a decent active XO..

Last edited:
100dB Nightclub speaker

I am thinking about building my own speakers, these would be high power and used in a nightclub. I was thinking about using two B&C 15NW76 drivers for the lows, two B&C 10NW64 drivers for the mids, and a B&C DE250 mounted to a QSC 152i wave guide for the highs. I am figuring on porting the 15's and the 10's would be sealed. The layout of the drivers would be similar to this Speakerplans.com...:D
This idea always crosses my mind (to make things worse).:2c:
JBL 4350B :D

Two (2x) B&C 15PS100 drivers for the lows,
B&C 12NDL76 driver for the mids, and a
B&C DE250 mounted to a (QSC 152i /or other) wave guide and a
Beyma CP21F for the highs.:D
Beyma CP21F - Beyma CP21F 1" high frequency slot tweeter. Beyma speaker components available at US Speaker.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.