PA speaker installation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this is probably the wrong place to place the question but at least here there is a chance that is going to be answered by PA people so here we go ...

i have a job to do that is kinda weird .I need to cover with sound for a few nights an open thater which is solid concrete made , with amphitheatric "steps" staicase style seats with plastic seats on... the capacity is about 600 -800 pax but here is the problem :

the director of the show doesnt want to use truss system to support either the lights or the sound ( truss could serve actually both since a line arrey could be placed on it probably with a couple of subs down under )

then a line arrey is out of the question not only for design issues since a line arrey may also stand alone on the floor but mostly for cost reason

he also doesnt want to use any set of speakers placed on any tripods ....

the only acceptable way will be to install a couple of subs on the sides ... then use a satelite that have from peavey that is 2X15"+2" driver and horn that is actually quiet tall i think 1m60 but place all on a top of each other ...

so sub is about 60 cm +1m60 ( first sat)+1m60 ( second sat ) that is a total of almost 4m ....

i was also told that in this case it would be wise to put the second and top satelite placed up side down so the two 2"drivers are placed next to each other

directorwise is fine ...but will it perform properly ????

here is a picture of my idea

Attachments

• speaker set up.JPG
    speaker set up.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.