A Club Band PA system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Crossing over to the coaxial BMS at a low enough frequency to avoid any breakup - beaming on the 12"

Actually you want to cross over at frequency where 12" and horn dispersion angles match, so you don't avoid beaming but use it. I'd say that in this case 15" driver would be preferable, allowing to cross around 800...1000 Hz, but it depends on the horn's actual beamwidth which needs to be measured to get the best result.

...The coverage area is quite often broken up into different target areas that need to be covered independently. That's the same trouble with using line arrays in clubs. I'll look more closely at horizontal coverage, but I think it would be best to match the horizontal coverage of the waveguides to the 6.5-8" driver coverage -- whatever that is.

..Todd

"That's the same trouble with using line arrays in clubs." Can you elaborate a little on this, I think I understand. If for a to large horizontal coverage problem (is that a problem?!), you'll need more directional (multiple speakers) for alcoves...

Do you think that the interesting RCF H1312 compact type, working with subs, it's a good solution/design-possibility(?) in your case.:cool:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.