Corner horns for installation PA use?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A friend of mine wants to put a PA system in his barn. His specifications are pretty demanding - loud enough for dance parties, enough bass for movies, and under $700 for all drivers and xover components. The barn is relatively small (about 20' x 35' x 20' tall), so a big of big old-fashioned Lansing corner horns seemed like they'd work nicely. Is there a known-good design I could use for this project?

Another option would be to build a pair of line arrays, with 16 NSBs and 40 1" tweeters a side. (They're el-cheapo Onkyo car units, but even their pathetic 6W power handling isn't an issue when you have this many.) Corner loaded, they should work just fine down to about 80hz, where I can cross over both subs to a single great big horn subwoofer, 2.1-style. Any thoughts on this idea?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.