Help reqd - power bass for PA use

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Add the EQ directly to the amp? Series RLC to GND directly from the - input of the 2nd op amp. 470 ohms, 3uF, and 1.3H. It's for 80 Hz, Q of about 1.4 (same as turning up that band of an ocatve EQ). The 1.3H can be synthesized with an op-amp circuit - I don't rememeber the exact circuit off the top of my head - but it's in most comprehensive op-amp data books and app notes.

Now why do you want to boost *80*? EEEEEEyuck!:xeye:

Add the EQ directly to the amp? Series RLC to GND directly from the - input of the 2nd op amp. 470 ohms, 3uF, and 1.3H. It's for 80 Hz, Q of about 1.4 (same as turning up that band of an ocatve EQ). The 1.3H can be synthesized with an op-amp circuit - I don't rememeber the exact circuit off the top of my head - but it's in most comprehensive op-amp data books and app notes. Now why do you want to boost *80*? EEEEEEyuck!

The bass is loose. I wanted tight bass. Many say that higher damping factor gives tight bass.
in the following thread :
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1255792#post1255792
djk said :
Try adding a pair of 47µF at 63V (or higher) in parallel with the main filter caps. The bass will sound much tighter.

Here i want to say kick bass or more tighter bass. Sorry if misunderstood. Can the damping factor be improved?

"Tight" bass is the absence of all that excess 80 Hz goop. It's usually a function of the speakers. I would venture to say that any loose bass is not necessarily the amp's fault here. It has more than enough output transistors, 3 current gain stages, cascode VAS, and more filtering than they put in the QSCs and Crowns. At low frequency, the feedback factor is probably already to the point of diminishing returns. The only way the amp would be at fault is if they really did something wrong in the build or layout. That has more to do with it than you might think, and none of that is obvious from a schematic.

Personally, I would have used a darlington (C5200+predriver) in the driver stage of the high side banks. I did this with my S-Leach/class G experiment. I liked the SQ of the original class AB version better for driving top cabs, but for bass there isn't much difference going class G (other than how hot the amp and extension cord feeding it get). The MJE15033/032 pair will get pretty toasty like it is, and it won't handle 2 ohm loads as well as it should. But that will only affect behavior near clipping, and wouldn't be any worse than what the QSCs do.

I agree .. try bypassing all the opamps ,drive the amp directly ("PA" direct to first stage) WOW ,is this amp huge or what!! What are the rails at 120-0-120V ??? Also ...C's with ?? marks at input + NFB loop ,what are they???

This means no need to keep opamps in the path. Just bypass it.
The amplifier is huge.
I hvn't checked the supply rate.
I will check the value of C in the feedback path.

ostripper :
Also ...C's with ?? marks at input + NFB loop ,what are they???
I located the components. The c? is 100/25v BP. But the resistor in series with it is 1.2k.
This means that the gain is just 20.
I think it will be better to increase the gain to 33.
So i will replace the 24k resistor feedback resistor with 39k.
Plus should i replace 100/25V bipolar with 220/25vBP or more.

t-amp proline 3000

The amplifier is with heavy duty transformer & power supply. It is used for pa. But there is no powerful bass as required. What modifications might be required to get kick bass for PA use.

hi, is this your amp?

Attachments

• tamp.jpg
    tamp.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 90
  • tampproinnen.jpg
    tampproinnen.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 83
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.