PA Speakers spark? Advise Please!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone. I've got a single Peavey PR15 that I was using to run vocals for a local rock band. The mic fed-back really loudly at one point during a practice and I happened to have my eyes on the speaker at the time. As the volume of the feedback whine got louder, a bright white light grew brighter from inside the speaker cab. I could see the light from one of the sound hole in the front of the cab, as it was coming from the inside. The entire feedback lasted about 1 second, but this light was no flash - it almost looked as if there was some sort of lightbulb growing brighter inside the cab. The speaker seemed to work fine after that and I have not taken it apart yet to look at the inside. It is a 400W speaker being run with a 500W power amp that was cranked up about halfway.
Was this a spark? Was it frying electronics? Has anyone heard of this happening before? Should I be worried for my speaker now? Any help is great!

Did it cast a shadow image of the Virgin Mary? If so forget practising music for a living, you can sell tickets to touch the speaker. Be prepared to be inundated with the lost, the hopeless and the pathetic. From a marketing standpoint they are in unlimited supply thanks to the good work of the church, and god just keeps making more.

On the other hand, if it cast a shadow of the logo for Virgin Records, you are outa luck. Back to work for you! :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.