Archiving CDs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've completely converted to digital music stored on a server. All of my music is ripped and served up from the hard drive. I use digital media players throughout the house instead of CD players. The only CD players I use are in the car, and for the car I burn a copy on a cheap blank CD instead of taking my originals with me.

So, I have no reason to keep 1000+ CDs in my living room anymore. I'm ready to put them all into storage. I'd like to lose the jewel cases in the process to save space.

So, anyone have a preference on CD storage systems? I'd like it to be cheap (under $.20 per disc), able to store the booklet and the disc. Storing the jewel case inserts would be a bonus, but not an absolute need. I don't need the discs at my fingertips, but I do want to find a specific disc (in case I want to re-rip it) in a reasonable amount of time.

Check this out from Super Media Store:

510 disc hardshell case

I might buy this for my brother for his birthday. It's only about $50 (- s/h) and should give him plenty of storage for his CDs.

Offtopic,

I have a closet that I have converted to storing my 1200+ CDs. I'm thinking about redoing it so it doesn't look so "ghetto". Does anyone have any links to others who have built a media storage unit out of a closet? I did a search and could not run up anything. This topic was the closest. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.