Yello

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow Too Many, but I like "On the Run" on Baby Alot
I think I have all there albums, but I can't find a certin
song. I herd it back in 88 - 89 He talks about a woman
taking all of his stuff, car, clothes. I been looking for
years but no luck. Do you know this song? Help! :(

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
The oldest albums are their best but some were not too good in sound quality. In 2005, Yello re-released their early albums Solid Pleasure, Claro Que Si, You Gotta Say Yes to Another Excess, Stella, One Second and Flag, all with rare bonus tracks, as part of Yello Remaster Series. I have not heard the new remastered cd's ( yet ).

You can play a lot of their songs on their site ( it's under "sound", then "remaster series"):

http://www.yello.ch/

I'm a huge Yello fan, ever since the late 80s when I heard "Oh Yeah" in a high end shop while auditioning speakers.

Favs:
One Second -
La Habanera
The Rythym Divine
Oh Yeah

Flag
Tied Up
Of Course I'm Lying
The Race

Baby - the whole album!

Zebra
Night Train
Tremendous Pain

These are great CDs for auditioning equipment - so much going on in every track, and some lovely recordings of female voices - Shirley Bassey on Rythym Divine, and I forget who (not actually female, but sounds it) on Capri Calling from Baby.

I own the original slash records 'test proof' for the very first Yello release in North America.

What I mean is.....the master tape came to the USA. Slash forwarded it to the company that was to make the test pressing. The test pressing was made. Slash evaluated it. It was then decided to go ahead with the pressing and the process was either altered slightly, and then they go ahead and begin pressing LP's (12" single, in this case).

I found it in a record shop in Windsor Ontario, called 'Dr.Disc'. They had stores in Detriot, which is a hub of the US music business. They brought stock over from Detriot, and that's how it ended up in Windsor. (the two cities are across from one another, separated by a river and an international border)

Sitting there, with no label on it, in a plain sleeve. $5. I grabbed it. In a heartbeat.

fitzrik said:
I have a few of their albums on vinyl.

Same here, together with Art of Noise albums from the same period. Boris Blank and Dieter Meyer sure are an odd couple, ...and car crazy like me.
Kodo Taiko drum albums anyone ?

Nice to see a few Yello heads on this show.
Who dares not mention The Rubberband Man, everyone should be in a jar. :clown:
I recommend watching the '95 Cobra Space Adventure re-issue of the Cobra Geijoban 1982 (anime) movie by Osamu Dezaki.
Yello takes half credit for making "Ferris Bueller" a classic, imo.

Let's add: Eccentrix remixes, Hands on Yello.

wow I didnt realise they have a new album, is the remastered stuff readily available instore or do you have to get it online?
Good present for an old flatmate and good friend who is 40 soon, he blew my infinity rs6000 midranges listening to yellow. 300 watt perreaux went dc and literally melted the plastic dome:)
think I took years off my life and speakers living in that house.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.