Some Girls might be one of my favourite 3 Rolling Stones albums - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Music

Music A place to discuss the thing we are doing all this other stuff for

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th November 2006, 01:57 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Some Girls might be one of my favourite 3 Rolling Stones albums

Whenever i talk to anyone about this album, i always get people taking the safe stance saying they "like it" but always run it down because "it's not Exile On Main Street". well come on already, none of their albums are quite like that one.

Still, I think this album is awesome. great songs, really stripped down band without all the horns and other clutter happening. there's always the Brian Jones snobs, and the Mick Taylor snobs, but i always liked Ron Wood the best...go through his pre-stones material and anyone can see he is a pretty badass lead player. he added a lot energy to their music, which i think they needed after some of the lethargic-sounding stuff on Black and Blue. even 15, 16 years into their career they were still near the top of their game.

i have a Canadian first pressing of it on vinyl(original artwork too) and i also think that this is the best-sounding stones album of all. all analog equipment, before the advent of 80's recording studio tricks. the reverb is perfect and all of the instruments sound amazing...especially Charlie Watts' drumkit. Also, Bill Wyman never sounded better, or played better basslines i don't think.

any other fans of the last truly great Stones album?

Hide this!Advertise here!