Non existing musicians

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there a name for a record that has a false name, false songs – obviously never played by the artist himself – false song titles, obscure label?

I’ve got this one from Thelonius Monk, an non existing person in the music business :D
It should read Thelonious Monk as a starter.
Even if it were a typo, he never recorded an album ‘Piano Solos’.
One of the song titles is ‘Eronol’ which should be Eronel, another typo?
It's the worst Piano Solos I've ever heard and the quality of the recording is similar to 8-track cartridges.

In any case, what’s the name of such a fake record and do any of you own similar fakes?

Picture taken from this ebay auction.

/Hugo

Attachments

• monk.jpg
    monk.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 137
You might find that some of the old "bootleg" records that were about in the 60's and 70's are now worth far more than the originals... They are rare and a lot of collectors look for them.

I used to collect records a few years ago, has thousands of records, but never come accross a bootleg.

I've got a reggae album with the artist's name spelled "Tapper Zukie" on the cover and Tappa Zukie" on the disc. :D I think it's genuine though, sounds good anyway.

Oh, and the track listings don't quite agree and the printing on the label's a bit smudged. Still, it's much better made than some Jamaican 7 singles I've seen (and heard).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.