female musicians-

My favs...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Mo Tucker, drums

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Woody Allen names Faye Wong as one of the things that make life worth having in one of his movies. Watch Chungking Express. Then re-watch it again and again...

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Speaking of the Velvets...You can't deny Nico was a prototype of the Femme Fatale. Only, she couldn't sing.
I was lucky to see her perform with John Cale a few months before she died.

And then there is Patricia Barber...and Patti Smith.

/Hugo

Attachments

• nico.jpg
    nico.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,498
Netlist said:
Speaking of the Velvets...You can't deny Nico was a prototype of the Femme Fatale. Only, she couldn't sing.

The ice maiden couldn't sing? What then have I been listen to all these years?

This doesn't fall under female musicians. But I think Einstürzende Neubauten's Blume is the most beautiful thing. The video is stunning as well. It doesn't get better than this.

Netlist said:
Nice, 2'45 of innocent looking beauty although not a copy from the master tapes. :)

I believe the German accent is fairly unique in pop/rock history and therefore more appealing.

/Hugo

Sorry, but I don't understand that at all. And I mean every part of it--accent, unique and appealing. Sometimes the accent can play a part, as in Einstürzende Neubauten's Blume. On the other hand, it's a German band, so why should the female singing not have a German accent?

Every single individual on the planet has an accent. Naturally some accents have to be more suitable for a particular song than others. But I think it would be unfair to say that a certain opera performer, who has dedicated his/her entire life to the art, sounds appealing just because of his/her accent. And I don't even like or care for opera.

I don't think accent, or language, per se means anything. There are millions of opera fans around the globe that don't know Italian, French, or German. And if you are a pop/rock fan you should be happy if you don't understand. Most pop/rock lyrics suck. "I want to hold your hand." That's fricken nursery rhymes!