female musicians-

He/she ( most of the comments speculate on the the gender of the player) does a great overdub on Rainbow's kill the king as well, I prefer it to Ritchie Blackmore's unfortunately Asian characters show up as question marks.

Girl school, that brings back memories along with patti smith and heart. Shonen knife are bit too Japanese cutesy for me though I have been known to listen to pink lady but I like animetal lady more.

Liona Boyd "A Guitar for Christmas" -- found in a pile of old LP's -- difficult to tell from this angle whether she's a true blond, however:

Attachments

• Boyd.jpg
    Boyd.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 148
kevinh many years i loved her songs[ Alison Krauss ] today i have a beautiful song frome china. the song from " The Dream of the Red Chamber" movie. i ever watched this sad movie. remember that watch n cry, cry n watch until the end. lol didn't know the story on the movie. i call this artist 101 girls band.:D

YouTube - The Dream of the Red Chamber-Wu Bixia

Thank you for the link !!! Beautiful vocals..

He/she ( most of the comments speculate on the the gender of the player) does a great ...

an incredible guitar player.

her hands resemble those of j Hendrix.

(and howard stern, and the singer of the verve)

for sure a 'she'.

check out those hands, just right for guitar -

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

for sure a 'she'.
check out those hands, just right for guitar -

Never mind being just right for guitar, she looks just right, who is she?

I have no doubt women can play like that I just didn't want to join the speculation on gender. Most of the links to female musicians I posted were string instrument players and their spider like fingers get around the strings with amazing speed and precision.

Chinese pipa players who are usually women use picks on 3 fingers and thumb with a fret board as wide as a classical guitar at the lower end playing a style of music which mixes flamenco guitar classical guitar and heavy metal so you can imagine how fast they have to cover the fairly large fret board. The string tension is high and tremolo is often used, being an acoustic instrument all the notes need to be picked in order to be audible. After watching women play blistering pipa solos there is little doubt that they could also play electric guitar like the woman in the video.

long time ago i remember since i was young. that i loved to listen GuZheng music. nowadays still like to listen it. in the past i never saw the video in elsewhere. but now the internet helps me look a lot of the video. the link u post the girl play so wonderful. the song she play i feel enjoy. by usually the GuZhen i think it make me to has sad feeling but this song isn't the same i often listen. thanks friend for the link:)

long time ago i remember since i was young. that i loved to listen GuZheng music. nowadays still like to listen it. in the past i never saw the video in elsewhere. but now the internet helps me look a lot of the video. the link u post the girl play so wonderful. the song she play i feel enjoy. by usually the GuZhen i think it make me to has sad feeling but this song isn't the same i often listen. thanks friend for the link:)

Glad you enjoyed it, I tend to listen to the heavy melancholy guzheng pieces. Here is an excellent player having a bit of light-hearted fun, enjoy YouTube - JiaoChuangYeYu

Glad you enjoyed it, I tend to listen to the heavy melancholy guzheng pieces. Here is an excellent player having a bit of light-hearted fun, enjoy YouTube - JiaoChuangYeYu

metalsculptor,i feel funny from this song,she plays very excellent but the guzheng can't make me go out from beijing(my dreaming):D i think the one music instrument can make me go out from the capital and travel to see the farms,feilds or see the people who live in the moutain. this music instrument which they call "pipa" the sound of it,is very exiting so that make me has the power to walk alone. metalsculptor now i am very far from the capital:) and feel my life is very simple:sing: please u see this song.

YouTube - Traditional Chinese music "The Ambush", pipa solo by Liu Fang ????????

Last edited: