female musicians-

Last edited:
Just a few

Yuan Sha one of the best zither (guzheng) players in China YouTube - ?? Guzheng - ?? Yuan Sha plays ?? Ming Shan.

Kazue sawai another great zither (koto) player this time from Japan YouTube - Kazue Sawai Plays Midare (JAPANESE KOTO)

The composer, songwriter, pipa player, vocalist and at one time keyboardist for cold fairyland lin di is a versitile performer, she is the one at the front holding the pear shaped instrument YouTube - Cold Fairyland, The Flood, on Asia Uncut

A couple of Japanese girl rockers in the 3 piece band go! go! 7188 the girl on bass Akko noma is also songwriter and backing vocals the girl on lead guitar yuu nakashima is composer and vocals. They are competent and experienced live performers YouTube - GO!GO!7188 UKIFUNE @ MS

A woman who could show a few male guitarists how to shred Zhang hongyan she gets going at around 3:25 YouTube - Pipa - Dance of the Yi People ????

If it is looks that you guys are after Yu hongmei is very talented doll who can make the Erhu sing. YouTube - [????] ??? / ??? ?? / ????

I thought I would limit it to musicians and even then there are too many to choose from Talented female musicians are so cute to watch.

My friends think I have gone soft for this but I like The Donnas a lot. Their guitar player is not that good a lead player but she can play rhythm guitar as good as ANY guy and better than most. Rhythm guitar is more important than lead anyway. There are a lot more great lead players out there than there are great rhythm players. The Donnas sound great live too.

Must mention Girlschool too. When Jeff Beck heard them for the first time he said "there is no way that is a chick playing the lead guitar".