female musicians-

Toss-up between this thread and the covers thread.
Dea Matrona have been primarily buskers so not used to relying on studio aids.
They were Órlaith (Forsyth) and Molly (McGinn) nut then Molly's little sister Mamie joined them on drums. She was still at school then. She has left them currently as she is at university.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I didn’t like Rickie Lee Jones when she first got traction. I was about 17 or 18.

What a simp.

She's amazing. Her lyrical style and emotion are second to none. The way she phrases and plays with words is really unique. Her voice is glorious and she plays a pretty good piano.

Her albums are well recorded and have stellar musicians on board.

Can't stop listening to her some days. Especially Last Chance Texaco. That's a metaphor worth bringing to English class!

Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I was bored for the last days so spend more time on Netflix than usual and watched anime 'Demon Slayer'.
Opening song i find good for the style, well composed and performed and the lead singer have a great voice and some technical skills... but anything is possible with a computer and a skilled operator:

Then i heard this version with piano/voice which looks like a one shot capture. OMG this girl is so good at what she does!

This is someone I've been watching lately. She's 16 years old and from Indonesia and plays like nobody I've ever seen. There are videos of her going back to when she is 9 playing. My fingers would fall off if I tried to do that. I'm surprised I couldn't find her anywhere else on DIYAudio. I did a search and her name didn't come up. She has a fair number of videos out there too.

Reactions: 1 user