female musicians-

Yeah, there’s a lot of that being practiced by female musicians of all genres, but if we can let ourselves close our eyes for a few moments and just listen to the skill with which they employ their instrument / voice, true talent is obvious.
At the risk of repeating myself, probably my favourite recent discovery in that regard is Angelina Jordan. While some of her very earliest work can be a bit variable - or exaggerated- there is enough raw talent there that it’s often hard to reconcile what you see to what you’re hearing. Hopefully her parents / management can keep her from falling into the celebrity/ sexualization trap - I won’t mention names, but you can all probably think of a few of all genders.

I've been a fan of Senri for years. Also a fan of percussionist Kuniko Kato playing Bach.

Me too! Amazing little powerhouse. I'll check out Kuniko. I'm not familiar, so thanks for sharing. Here's a drippingly soulful duet of a great, great song. I saw Susan years ago with Robert Cray, and B.B. King, and she was amazing, and a smokin' guitar player. She and Sharon are feeling each other here. Glenn. YouTube