female musicians-

Patti Smith.

My great love though is Polly Jean (PJ) Harvey:

Attachments

• uhh 25.jpg
    uhh 25.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,203
regina spektor

I was diggin´some ¨Begin to Hope¨ 2006 album... in some parts, nice stuff. She´s better when she gets jazzy, and worse when she ¨toriamoses¨ herself. Has a good sense of humour, though:
the cover artwork of her former cd (see image) makes me laugh.
Sometimes, I find female rock´n pop a little short in the ¨sense of humour¨ dept.

r39.jpg

Re: sorry, near miss...

federico moreno said:
I was sayin´that I like this

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Oh yes indeed. ;) I like that one too. I used it on a similar thread elsewhere myself. If only the logo were an invitation...

As we're indulging ourselves this is another pleasent one:

Attachments

• polly.jpg
    polly.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 665
lori carson...

I discovered her by chance some years ago in the bargain bin of the now defunct Buenos Aires Tower Records.
She´s a former singer of The Golden Palominos: check out the ¨this is how it feels¨ cd, when she performs some very sexy vocals.
Now, her career is more ¨singer-songwriter¨oriented. Beautiful and sparse arrangements. To get the idea, imagine some late Rickie Lee Jones, ca. ¨ghostyhead¨, or ¨traffic from paradise¨, but sexier and more vulnerable.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

As we're indulging ourselves this is another pleasent one:
(posted by Scottmoose)

hehehe, scott...

Nice to be that guitar.

What I like about P.J. is her willingness to present herself as a charming, sexy and sometimes perilous woman, but without all the glitter, silicone and botox so common in chicks like the ones on MTV, muchmusic, etc.

I mean, a real woman, with little o no photoshop embellishment.
And, as a plus, a superb singer/songwriter an a real rocker: there´s a relentless force in her work that grabs you by the throat; a mix of anguish, sadness, sweetness and libido. Very difficult to describe, but I admire her.

Five stars * * * * *!

Seconded (& never have I wanted to be a guitar so much... ;) ). I greatly admire Polly, and the fact that she prefers to let her work do the talking whenever possible. One of the few people who've retainsd artistic integrity, and a desire to experiment and learn new things. No photoshop embelishment at all to the best of my knowledge BTW -wouldn't really be in keeping with her character. I met her once, a few years ago, albeit not in a musical context -she just comes across as a nice person, which is probably the highest compliment you can pay anyone.

Bjork rules! Stereo Total, Jolie Holland, Erykah Badu and Althea & Donna.
Plus there is always Joan Sutherland, Anna Netrebko, Cecilla Bartoli, Magdalena Kozena, Daniela Dessi and Renee Fleming. Oh and Shelia Jordan, Sara Vaughn and one of my favs Nina Simone. There is something about a womens voice the is so perfect.