Effects in Linkin Park's "PPr:Kut"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Effects in Linkin Park's "PPr:Kut"

Hi everybody.

I was wondering how to recreate the effects in Linkin Park's "PPr:Kut", the remixed version of Papercut.

The effect I'm talking about can be heard in the following sample, where the words repeats and get mixed up (whirlwind inside of my head, it's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within. On "whirlwind" and "can't".)

The clip can be located here (thanks to Amazon.com) : WMP and Real

I think this effect is awesome, even though it's not a really complex one...too bad I'm a noob at audio-editing, so I don't even know where to begin recreating it.

I have Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects to use, so if it can only be done in those, I'm set.

Thanks, and hope to be an active member here,
Angels :)

I c u have no replies

Your sample didn't seem to come out that well. "WHIRLWIND", was right at the begining from what I could hear. Can you describe, in english-not muscian terms, what you think is happening?:D

Sometimes, its easier to just say what you think you hear, then maybe someone will know what effect was used.

Cup of coffee

Thanks for the responses, and sorry about the limited sample.

BWRX's reply seems like it would do the trick. I just wasn't sure if that's all they did or something else that I didn't have the skill to do ;)

About the effect, I suppose I would have to only edit songs that have a separate instrumental, and then vocal version, since making that effect would make the beat repeat in those sections too, breaking the song.

And jeez, way old thread, I never thought I would get a reply :D Thank god for email notification :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.