Most depressing song?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I agree 'bout lou reed. However...(you from N.Y.) ...my visit there some yrs. ago, showed me (in an "in your face" manner) what the city does to people.., and how some (literally) can't leave. Hey...Once 'in the system', they don't forget. Back to the music. - My condolences to person whose friend commited suicide...whose song was landslide, a 'stevie nicks' tune.I, (also) had a friend kill self in high school. No-one (to this day) knows why. I do know (today) when I see a friend acting a bit weird, I take a moment out of my day to ask 'Hey, what's happening'. 'Course, I'm an old guy...out of the "hippie- free love" daze...ex-street person and so on... and probably don't have much to offer, nonetheless- I pay attention. Take care-

At the risk of coming off as potential flamebait, I think 90% of all country music is depressing...

You guys DO know what you get when you play a country music album backwards don't you? You get your wife back, your house, your credit, your kids.... :D

On a more serious note, I find Tracy Chapman's first CD release to be full of downward emotion. Not so much depressing but very sad. But I guess it could lead to depression if you listen to it often.

Mark

Goddamn Lonely Love by the Drive-By Truckers
$1000 Wedding by Gram Parsons

and my top pick:

"To Be the One" by Ryan Adams off the album Heartbreaker. The line "The empty bottle it misses you, and I'm the one it's talking to" encapsulated every drunk/cowboy/cry-into-your-beer/my baby done left me song ever written, and Adams delivery of the line is perfect.

And yes, country songs are the most depressing out there. I said it so it must be true!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.