Finding a classical record - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Music

Music A place to discuss the thing we are doing all this other stuff for

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th January 2003, 07:17 AM   #11
Raka is offline Raka  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default Yes, it is

Cavalleria Rusticana is a great piece of art. I know it. I played it as second violin. Aestethically (is this correct?) is very romantic, but in the inside there is some modern points.

I think I have this ughi recording, I will have to check. Anyway, about Uto: He is very musical, but now is not in shape i think. I saw him in a TV show playing the Beethoven, and he was many times out of perfect pitch. Besides, his bow moves too much...
Old 24th January 2003, 08:57 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Yes, it is

Quote:
Originally posted by Raka
[B]Cavalleria Rusticana is a great piece of art. I know it. I played it as second violin. Aestethically (is this correct?) is very romantic, but in the inside there is some modern points.
I cannot withold you from the real Mascagni, one you will not find on Mascagni.org or any other bigraphy for that matter, only through records of my grandfather, having met him in South America under dubious circumstances ....

Mascagni worked as a very very poor music copier at a music publishing compmay. He lived above the place he worked and his boss/owner of the company lived next doors.
One day his boss organized a contest for an easy opera in one act based on sicilian paysants. The first and only prize would be 6 gold coins.

Mascagnie asked for paper, pen and ink so he could join. His boss lend him the items.
The evening before the deadline, Mascagni had only managed to write 7 notes on a sheet , a little man came up to the attic where Mascagni lived and asked if he could help Pietro.
Pietro let him in, and the little man started dictating the notes of the now ever famous Cavaleria Rusticana.
Pietro asked if he had to pay him, after all he had no money at all. The little guy, slowly changed his looks and answered: only with your soul my friend, only with your soul. Turned out that it was the devil in person!
The rest is history .... or maybe not:
Mascagni, who won the contest, had to give his boss 1 coin for
the paper, ink and pen.
Another man who ended second threatened Mascagni to death, as he believed that Mascagni had been favored by his own boss, the same who organised the contest. So Mascagni gave him the balance : 5 coins.
Did he sell his soul? hummm.... I will leave that up to you dear reader, he never wrote anything like that again, L'amico Fritz is hardly something comparable.... and certainly not a masterpiece.
Mascagni died together with the rest of worl's evil Mussolini, Hitler .......... in 1945

Jean-Pierre
Old 7th February 2003, 02:09 PM   #13
whiteSE is offline whiteSE  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to whiteSE
Good places to find LP's:

www.chesky.com

www.dccblowout.com

www.redtrumpet.com

http://www.uhfmag.com/AudiophileStore.html

http://www.prex.com/categories2.html...icalAudiophile
Old 15th February 2003, 04:50 AM   #14