online music

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know of any sites where you can listen to samples of music?
I need to find more artists and styles, i am open to almost anything, but how do you find new stuff you like?
I say new, it could have been recorded 100's of years ago for all i care.
All my friends have quite narrow music tastes, theres never anything good on the radio/tv, so how do you find new stuff to listen too?

I like to listen to cbc radio 3
It's one of the three Canadian Broadcasting Corporation on line radio stations.
You can listen in radio mode or create your own playlist or listen to others

I have what I think is a pretty good playlist right now mostly a alternative rock, country selection, but I change it from time to time.

Here is the site

http://radio3.cbc.ca/

You will be in radio mode when you start off, To listen to a playlist click on user playlists
and you'll see some there or you can enter okmrbh in the search box and listen to mine.

* Be sure to set the quality @ 128k
Enjoy!

" ... Be sure to set the quality @ 128k ..."

Good idea. You might also just get a feel for other internet radio feeds that are built into iTunes = the free download. About half of these are 96K or better, about 20% are 128K or better.

:cool:

I'm listening to classical internat radio (one of about a dozen = 96K or better), but they are playing @ 44.1K (CD quality), so I'll probably switch as sooin as Ludvic Von finishes up ...

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
FastEddy said:
You might also just get a feel for other internet radio feeds that are built into iTunes

I'll second that one. SKY.FM classical and flamenco guitar is one of my favorites. Some of the stations play the same stuff too frequently though. Plus some have ads you have to sit and wait through unless you pony up the dough for a "commercial free listening experience."

WQXR www.wqxr.com and WNYC www.wnyc.org in New York are both online with high data rate transfers. Most Saturdays 'QXR has live broadcasts of the Metropolitan Opera. If you like oldies, WMTR AM is like stepping back into the 1960's (www.wmtram.com) If you like real oldies -- recordings from the 20's and 30's www.wfuv.org has "The Big Broadcast" on Sunday evenings -- one of the oldest running radio shows in the U.S.

amazon.com for smaller clips

pandora.com is pretty good but last time i used it, after a few songs, you have to wait or re-visit the site in order to pick the songs you want (there's some sort of feature that pre-selects "songs for you" based on listening history)

i'd recommend using MySpace for previewing songs just because of the sheer ease of it for most popular artists

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.