New Tool album

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have any comments on the new Tool album that just came out? I'm on the road until the end of the week, but I plan to pick it up when I get back home.

PS: If you ever get a chance to see them in concert, don't miss it. It's a helluva good show.;)

I saw them at coachella and it was great. New album is not dissapointing and what there is on it is good and true to their style. There are 2 songs where spots have riffs that are straight off of lateralus. The tempos are close enough I am gonna edit them together for fun. Also despite what the track listing says there is only really 8 songs on the album. Kind of lame after 5 years.

After a while I discovered the songs on the new album are deeper. It can be hard to understand Tool for some people. Anyway, it is an experience to see them live, I understand they are playing at Bonaroo this year, only a couple of hours from where I live.

:cool:

I saw them live in December, it's definitely worth it!

The songs are great, the music sounds good, they do the show (even if Maynard sometimes looks "shy") but the most amazing part is that the whole show is perfectly set up. Every light effect, every video played in background, is perfectly in phase with the music.

I went to a Tool concert. Maynard sang every last song facing the back of the stage hidden in a shadow with what looked like a black racing stripe down the middle of his head. Very odd.

I guess it was a good show. I've only been to about 3 concerts in my life. I'm not a big fan of live music. I prefer the refined "do it till you get it right" studio stuff.

I didn't even know there was a new album, I'll have to check it out. I wasn't too impressed with Lateralus. I like their older stuff.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.