New Tool album - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Music

Music A place to discuss the thing we are doing all this other stuff for

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th May 2006, 02:48 AM   #1
CBS240 is offline CBS240  United States
diyAudio Member

Default New Tool album

Does anyone have any comments on the new Tool album that just came out? I'm on the road until the end of the week, but I plan to pick it up when I get back home.

PS: If you ever get a chance to see them in concert, don't miss it. It's a helluva good show.
Old 16th May 2006, 02:59 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

great album.
still waiting to see them live here in argentina.
Old 16th May 2006, 06:58 PM   #3
Bricolo is offline Bricolo  France
diyAudio Member

after only a few listenings, I find it somehow tasteless compared to the previous ones

but I have to listen further, and I'm still thinking about seeing them live this summer!
Old 19th May 2006, 08:27 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I saw them at coachella and it was great. New album is not dissapointing and what there is on it is good and true to their style. There are 2 songs where spots have riffs that are straight off of lateralus. The tempos are close enough I am gonna edit them together for fun. Also despite what the track listing says there is only really 8 songs on the album. Kind of lame after 5 years.
Old 23rd May 2006, 02:37 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I think this is a great album, but to enjoy it fully you have to listen it back to back. This is not only a few song, it`s a full embiance. But yes, lateralus, is still my personnal best of them. Anyway It worth the 12 $ only for the cool CD case you get .
Old 7th March 2007, 05:46 AM   #6
CBS240 is offline CBS240  United States
diyAudio Member

After a while I discovered the songs on the new album are deeper. It can be hard to understand Tool for some people. Anyway, it is an experience to see them live, I understand they are playing at Bonaroo this year, only a couple of hours from where I live.

Old 11th March 2007, 01:02 AM   #7
Bricolo is offline Bricolo  France
diyAudio Member

I saw them live in December, it's definitely worth it!

The songs are great, the music sounds good, they do the show (even if Maynard sometimes looks "shy") but the most amazing part is that the whole show is perfectly set up. Every light effect, every video played in background, is perfectly in phase with the music.
Old 11th March 2007, 01:26 AM   #8
BWRX is offline BWRX  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

The album starts off great but kind of craps out after track 5. Almost like they started smoking and drinking and it didn't hit them until they started recording track 6...
Old 11th March 2007, 04:30 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

I went to a Tool concert. Maynard sang every last song facing the back of the stage hidden in a shadow with what looked like a black racing stripe down the middle of his head. Very odd.

I guess it was a good show. I've only been to about 3 concerts in my life. I'm not a big fan of live music. I prefer the refined "do it till you get it right" studio stuff.

I didn't even know there was a new album, I'll have to check it out. I wasn't too impressed with Lateralus. I like their older stuff.

Hide this!Advertise here!