Your favorite live rock CD?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Punk Rawk

I'm not familiar with Descendents. It's hard to find good live punk recording. The first one that comes to mind is absolute classic: Ramones - It's Alive, the second one would probably be Crash Course from UK Subs, often regarded as best Subs album, altough I prefer Brand New Age and Diminished Responsibility.

Attachments

• uk.jpg
    uk.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 407
maybe not the best out there, but worth a mention, alice in chains unplugged. very nice acoustic recording.

as far as diana krall goes, ill put my vote in for that... i first heard this at work when one of my fellow co-workers was giving a demo in our high end room. heard it on top of the line martin logans, all krell amplification, sony es source, and def tech supercube sub. sounded really really nice. the light music does well on the martin logans, it was a good match for them.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
cowanrg said:
maybe not the best out there, but worth a mention, alice in chains unplugged. very nice acoustic recording.

as far as diana krall goes, ill put my vote in for that... i first heard this at work when one of my fellow co-workers was giving a demo in our high end room. heard it on top of the line martin logans, all krell amplification, sony es source, and def tech supercube sub. sounded really really nice. the light music does well on the martin logans, it was a good match for them.

Good call on the Alice in Chains unplugged. I haven't listened to this for a couple of years. I will have to dig it out of my closet when I get home. It does have some nice acoustic guitar recording.

--
Brian

Made In Japan-Deep Purple (also Roger Glover's favourite too, I believe), I so enjoy listening to the Marshall amplifier hum in the background....mmmmmmmmmmmm.....much joy.:D

Also enjoy Live and Let Live-Twelth Night, very good atmospheric and powerful early '80s prog. rock band. Also a good recording, well worth giving some extra volume on playback. :cool:

Paul

TOM COCHRANE - SYMPHONY SESSIONS

Well, I will throw in my two cents:

Tom Cochrane: Symphony Sessions

Recorded in the late 80's I believe and made up of his top hits at the time. The recording is live with a full symphony orchestra for back up. Boy Inside the Man is one of my favourite system test tracks. When the electronics are good and the speakers can image, the piece really comes alive.

Alvaius!

Just thought of another one, but I am having a hard time getting ahold of it. Pete Townsend did a live concert, just him and his guitar doing WHO songs mainly.

Gret Live Albums

Porcupine Tree - 'Coma Divine'

A totally awesome recording of one of the tightest live sets I've ever heard. Slightly plagiaristic at times - they are more Floyd than Floyd - but a must have.

I'd have to second the Nirvana Unplugged, and Zappa in New York choices too.

Andy.

1. Praticia Barber Companion.
2. Nirvana Unplugged.
3. David Bowie Stage.
4. Supertramp Paris.
5. Clapton Unplugged.
6. Frampton Comes Alive
7. And the early Lou Reed Live album, I don't have it any more.
8. Lou Reed Rock and Roll Animal.
9. ...............

I've just re-read this, I must get out more! My kids keep saying to me "Its not the seventies any more"

Mark:xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.