industrial music for industrial people

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
old school is what I consider real industrial...so..try this are my favorites ..

esplendor geometrico, whitehouse, throbbing glistle, merzbow....this are quite noisy but i think the limit betwen noise and industrial is very thin or nonexistent...at least in my concept of industrial...

i also like f242 very much...great band!!!!

m.

Do you really think I have a God complex ? I am God !

So you must feel Godlike.;) For all KMFDM fans, you probably know what I'm talking about.

My old favourites are Front 242, Klinik, Front Line Assembly, Block 52, old Delerium (late 80's), Project Pitchfork, Laibach, Sleep Chamber, Muslimgause, Ministry, Split Second, Clock DVA, Siglo XX.

The new ones are a bit different, but still good: Apoptygma Berzerk, Die Form, C-Tech, VNV Nation, Wolfsheim, Cruxshadows, The Dust of Basement, Wumpscut.

But as long as I look back, I think it all started with the Ramones "It's Alive".;)

Stan, welcome to the forum. Are you planning to build an Aleph?;)

industrial

Great to hear from someone so soon.
I found a link to what it says 'industrial music database'.
I tried it - great ! What can I say...
I wanted to share it with you. Got a lot of new stuff never dreamed of following this thread.
Stop talking Stan !: ;)
here it is:
http://www-kzsu.stanford.edu/eklein/index.html

I don't know who the guy is, but seems to be the right age to remember the beginnigs of this kind. Never mind - glad to have him there.
Talk to you soon,
Stan

God like

Hey Peter!
Glad to see ya!
Me - godlike? haha, no, me = <--- God!!!
Just kidding.., I could never make a great tune like that..
What else could a neo...hmmm ..something say against a moderator, haha, got me on my back begging for forgiveness.
Anyways, as the 'red green guy says', we are all in this together.

I've read some stuff by the guy from Sleep Chamber recently. He addmitted to be a n avid junky - and the 'barbiturattes' in following. Hmmm.. what do you think? Drugs good or bad in this business....
I have also some quite neat songs by them (the barbituettes) - they formed 'woman of sodom' fling, quite good. There is a link to downoad it free - if you interested. Good stuff.
Cheers, Stan

Re: that's the spirit!

bob4 said:

You're damn right!!!!!

Do these also count as Industrial??

Patric Catani
Sonic Subjunkies
Ec8or
Shizuo

I think they're all on Alec Empires label Empire records.......
I don't know, but i like Nic Endo (White Heat) a lot
and they are all on this label
Thank you Stan, for youre linkage to SPK, it's been a long time ago since i read something about them
And thank you Peter for mentioning Muslimgauze, dont know if that's industrial too, but Bryn Jones rulezzz :)

When it comes to live industrial recordings, if I could only keep one album, it would be that one :Re:Boot:, by Front 242;)
Actually I think it's their best album overall

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 335
All Front fans, although Fron 242 didn't make anything new recently, you can check these 4 albums which have influences of Front members and are simply great. Two on the top are Jean-Luc De Meyer collaborations, 'Twelve' is really hard to get, I found it in Sweden last year. Birmingham 6 album also features JL de Meyer and is very front like sounding. FreeTysonFree! is the only one from Richard 23 I know of and very intense.;)

Attachments

• fro.jpg
    fro.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 329
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.