industrial music for industrial people - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Music

Music A place to discuss the thing we are doing all this other stuff for

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th November 2002, 08:28 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: that's the spirit!

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel

It's listed as industrial/experimental. I got at least 30 albums by Muslimgauze, my favourte one is 'Betrayal'.
Experimental is fine with me, but a i've seen it listed as muslimtrance or soundscapes (?).
But anyway, what's in a name, as long as it's good music.
30 albums is a good effort, because it seems impossible to get them all (!).
I have 20 originals and a friend of mine has 60 (i have a Nero Burn installed ).
Mullah Said is special to me, don't know why.
I also like 2nd Gen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg against.jpg (6.8 KB, 303 views)
Old 14th March 2003, 05:07 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
This thread needs to be brought to spotlight again. One album that I was enjoying quite for some time now is "Nothern Light" from Covenant.

"Well, the new album was something of a shock to hear, moreso because of the Depche Mode-like change in the way they approached their songs than anything else. This wasn't a bad alteration, mind you, because I found it growing on me with every listen, but it was something different that I had never heard them do before and, at first, I wasn't sure what to think. After foraging through tracks with interesting notions on how to cultivate songs and flavors, though, I found myself listening on and liking it. And really, what's not to like? There's a little bit of something for every sensation-seeker, from the driven pulsation of "Call the Ships to Port" and "We stand Alone" to the slower songs that still keep a fair tempo like that produced on "Bullet." Combined with that are the truly odd yet captivating portions, like that found on "Prometheus," a song I find myself liking more with each listen.

For fans of an older flavor of Covenant, be warned that this is something different in the works. While there are tracks that still bear the signature of the same band stamped into their beats, there are others that will be something foreign and, to some listeners, perhaps even unappealing. To find that out, one simply needs to listen to the portions provided here and also to the other pieces that Metropolis grants. Simply do so with a mind ready to sample something different from them, though, and you'll find that it grows on you."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg co.jpg (16.6 KB, 230 views)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 14th March 2003, 05:16 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

I also bought a recent Ramstein album, rather unshure if it was worth it, especially when I never really enjoyed the band, except for one track only (Du Hast). So I got reaally surprised after listening. This is, IMO, the best Ramstein album, and it reminds very much the better Laibach albums.

"Overall this album proves Rammstein's most intriguing work as the band delves into musical lands they had yet to uncover and do so with no failure. Fans of the past will find the album refreshing and most astounding. Newcomers will discover Rammstein as no one has ever seen them before, fully matured in their music and at their height(so far, at least) of their talent. Mutter has been waited for for nearly four years and Rammstein did not fail their fans in delivering the goods. A definite MUST BUY!! Even for those who are not particularily partial to German music this proves to be an album on which to make an exception. Fantastic, overwhelming, and spellbinding, don't miss it!!!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ram.jpg (15.8 KB, 229 views)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 27th March 2003, 06:38 PM   #24
Wombat is offline Wombat  Germany
diyAudio Member

This is a real shaker. When you like sorted chaos and basses to
the max, try this one! I love it since 1990.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skinny.jpg (22.2 KB, 206 views)
Old 19th June 2004, 07:52 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

What about Cabaret Voltaire, (My Life with the) Thrill Kill Kult, Psychic TV, Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Suicide Commandos, Einsturzene Nuebauten, Electric Hellfire Club, Pailhead and In Strict Confidence? I feel sorry for them!
Old 19th June 2004, 10:54 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by manohmanfred
I feel sorry for them!
Why?

(My Life with the) Thrill Kill Kult was pretty good in their days, Psychic TV too complex for me, Sigue Sigue Sputnik too pop, Suicide Commandos were too hard, Einsturzene Nuebauten still one of the best, Electric Hellfire Club didn't even notice them, Pailhead didn't show much except for some EP and few singles, Cabaret Voltaire was all right, but not very musical.

Revolting ***** anybody?
Old 20th June 2004, 04:43 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Saw Einsturzene Nuebauten in Montreal in the early 90's...great noise mongers!

In true industrial fashion, they used to scour local scrap metal yards before the gig, looking for their 'instruments' for the night.

Anyone remember Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music?
Old 20th June 2004, 05:57 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gilid
Anyone remember Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music?
I could only listen to it once, and then I sold the disc
Old 20th June 2004, 11:47 PM   #29
roibm is offline roibm  Romania
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
I could only listen to it once, and then I sold the disc
If you were able to listen to it entirely... congrats... that is quite a performance
Old 21st June 2004, 12:30 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

Actually, not even entirely

Hide this!Advertise here!