Neil Young's new CD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Everybody's Rockin' from 1983 might be Neil Young's last truly great album. But retire? Hell no. And that's the thing that makes Neil truly great. He doesn't give s*** about what anybody else thinks.

Geffen records wasn't happy with his Trans album in 1982. So they asked him to do a rock album. It became Everybody's Rockin'. They didn't like it. They mistook Neil for a corporate *****. Then they sued him when he wasn't!

I'm with Neil, always.

Yeah his best stuff seems to be when he is angry, or records quickly. When it comes from the gut without thinking about it.
The Shocking Pinks where blasted by everybody at the time, but his art perseveres time.
He is angry with this CD so time will be ultimate judge, the turds nonstanding.

You know he has retained his Canadian citizenship and refuses to become an American citizen even though he lives in California. That, my friend tells me alot. Just what gives Neil Young the right to say anything about this country's President when he, himself, isn't even a registered voter. Same applies to Celine Dion. **** on you both.

that a review on amazon.
Apparently nobody has the right to critizise amercan institutions if he/she be no citizen.
I wonder what would happen if american politicians would heed this advice and not involve themselves in other peoples affairs?

So apparently neil has struck a nerve.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
awful, just awful. He should have retired 20 years ago.
SY, you got it wrong. He should never have started.

People either love him :confused: or hate him :D . I find he is without much talent and his lyrics are infantile. When he comes on, the radio station gets changed right away.

The worst export from Canada. I am sooo embarrassed.

Yeah his best stuff seems to be when he is angry, or records quickly
It is possible to be raw, and good. Just not for him.

:smash:
:cd:

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.