James Blunt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

An email was sent around work a few weeks back that was along the lines of "Subject:- James Blunt tickets..... Unfortunately I cannot make the James Blunt concert in London so I am offering my tickets. Anyone interested please ... blah blah"

Well everyone hated James Blunt in our department, and you could hear a few chuckles around the office when that email popped into inbox's.

Imagine 14,000 people singing that You're beautiful song ! :dead:

What record company is he signed to ?

blunt and othe issues

Yeah, we have James Blunt in Australia and everyone I have asked about him hates him (with a passion) so I can not understand how he manages to sell so many records, mabye it's rigged.........
-posted by psychocow21-

Yes, it`s difficult too understand some mass behaviour, mostly when everybody`s hates what everybody`s listening...

Here in Argentina I have my bete-noir : some guy Arjona, an center american who landed here because, for sure, their landfellows expatriate him... He looks like Bono -only the looks, not the attitude- and sings crap about ¨mistresses of the fourth decade¨ -some fourtysomething and decaying woman that he finds beautiful for the sake of faux sensibility, and...for the love of the masses-, in a language that belongs to some cheap newspaper...
My definition: music for pussies. The man has a look, a cheap attormented attitude, a lot of demagogic hooks...

Ahhh, some women... even hailed the man as ¨a poet¨.
TV commercials have more poetry than that MoFo...

I believe that Garcia Lorca, Rimbaud and Yeats are crying in his graves...:bawling:

It still baffles me that annoying no-talents like Akon, Rihanna, Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson and the like sell all the records and talented musicians like Les Claypool and Epicure don't get any airtime.

I gave up on the radio long ago as all they play is main stream music. The only Exception is Triple J here in Australia, they play alternitive stuff, AKA, the stuff we actually want to listen to. LOL.

Peace Out.

That 'beautiful' song makes me want to :yuck:.

poobah said:
Sounds to me like he should team up with that girl from the Cranberries. :D

You have a sick, twisted mind. ;)

paulb said:
If you get tired of Blunt, you can always listen to David Gray.

Blunt is not in the same league as David Gray. Whereas Blunt is like a whinging pom (as the Australians would say), Gray is a modern, edgy folk singer -- although concede his voice can be a bit grating at times.

Aw, come on guys. You're all just jealous. He's got the chick and the cash. 2 out of 3 ain't bad :)

OK, I don't listen to the radio that often and I've heard that song on my alarm clock. But, I'd rather hear that than Britney, Jessica, NSYNC, Christina or whoever the pop star for the month is. OK, maybe JB is the pop star of the month :) Note to self: change alarm clock station to jazz or classical.

Man, I don't even watch American Idol (one of the few, I guess). I really despise what it stands for. The same people that vote for the winners are the same ones buying JB's album. Some of those idol wannabees may be able to sing, but can they write??? It's not just about the singing.

-Ken

What passes for "music" is often times nothing more than a contrivance, an attempt to market something that can be forced down peoples throats. Commercial radio, as well as most "music video" channels (not sure why they're still called that when they don't usually show music videos) flat out SUCKS! Just my own humble opinion.

Amen.

Actually (and I never thought I'd say this) I'd rather listen to Britney too. I can't stand her 'music' but at least it's honest about what it is (slick drivel). Blunt is portrayed and marketed as some form of soulful genius. The dishonesty makes me want to reach for the screwdriver. He's not the first and tragically, he won't be the last.

Heck with it. I'm now going to clear the mind with a blast of PJ Harvey. Perfect for terrorising Blunt fans.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.