Remastering CDs - Software suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I just received a really great Pink Floyd bootleg. The sound quality is pretty questionable, but most importantly, there is a really loud distorted ticking sound. This is not part of the original recording, I assume, but was added somewhere in the duplication process. For the most part, this sound is very high frequency and I think if I run it through a filter, i could remove it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for some shareware or demo software for a Mac OSX that I could clean this up with?

Thanks.

Hello again

Yeah,pain in the butt ain't it?Tell me,is this file an MP3?How big is it?Just thinkin,if its small enough maybe you could email it and I'll run it through wavelab if you like,see if I can clean it.Might be an idea,though you'd probably need an editor,is cut me a small piece and I'll try and clean it.A small section of the recording would be easier to post.By Bootleg do you mean you downloaded it?Illegaly of course!:angel:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.