My first rock album.........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
Why not paint 'em black

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

I see a line of cars and they're all painted black
With flowers and my love both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a new born baby it just happens ev'ry day

I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red door and it has been painted black
Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts
It's not easy facin' up when your whole world is black

No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I could not foresee this thing happening to you

If I look hard enough into the settin' sun
My love will laugh with me before the mornin' comes

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

Hmm, hmm, hmm,...

I wanna see it painted, painted black
Black as night, black as coal
I wanna see the sun blotted out from the sky
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black
Yeah!

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
The Rolling stones

My first rock album.........

Attachments

• yayas.jpg
    yayas.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 717
This is my first rock album;)

Before Nirvana, before the Misfits, before the Clash, the Sex Pistols, the Ramones and the rest of the so-called first wave of punk rock, the Stooges originally used thrashy rock and roll to epitomize average young angst. It not an overestimation to say that every distressed grunge rocker, raging metal head and disenfranchised punk can trace his or her roots back to the Stooges' eponymous debut, an album that was woefully misplaced in the idealistic, flower power era. With the exception of the faulty artrork endeavor, "We Will Fall," every moment of the 1969 LP surges with the rage of pent-up, unruly youngsters. Lead singer, Iggy Pop, takes the role of a ...everyman, tunelessly wailing about awkward sex drive ("Not Right" "Real Cool Time"), youthful apathy ("No Fun," the pounding, perfect anthem "1969") and misplaced passion ("Ann" "I Wanna Be Your Dog," which is likely the most frighteningly forceful song of devotion ever recorded). The band backs his idiosyncratic frenzy with thumping drumbeats; sling-shotting, quasi-psychedelic guitar riffs and a generally, delightfully rough sound. This was an approach and a sound so revolutionary that it reverberated through the Woodstock era, inspired the countless disenfranchised youths who became the punk movement in the mid-seventies and continues to echo today. True, bitter teens and twenty-somethings would have likely used music as an outlet even without the Stooges. But Iggy and company should be accredited for founding the style by which so many of them did.

Attachments

• stoo.jpg
    stoo.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 698
But my real adventure in rock started with this album.;)

As the year 1977 and its musical epiphanies become but a distant memory for some, it makes it easier to judge the musical merits of its respective bands from a long-term perspective, and if there's any disc from the period that seems to get better with age, it's the Damned's debut. Long-considered The Band Least Likely, or at best a footnote to the UK punk explosion, looking back, their dedication to truly anarchic music and their exhuberant fandom for high-energy rock'n'roll - as opposed to social revolution and politics - certainly makes their records a whole lot more enjoyable to listen to than several of their compadres from the era.
As opposed to the Sex Pistols, Clash and the Buzzcocks, the Damned sounded American more than British, their music being a kind of MC5/Stooges/NY Dolls/"Nuggets" (and, yes, T-Rex) hybrid that, in hindisght, proved to be more influential on American Hardcore (especially the LA and DC scenes) than the more infamous Sex Pistols or Clash.
Or putting it simply, from a basic perspective of high-energy punk rock with the eternal themes of trash, love and teenage dreams, this record is near unbeatable. EVERY song here could've made a killer single.It's something you'll probably never read about in any of the "official" books on UK punk, but the Damned made possibly the best UK punk album of 1977. Amen to that!

Attachments

• dam.jpg
    dam.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 659
Deep Purple "Made in Japan"

Man, what a long time ago..:) but I still like! it:D
Actually this was my second album. The first was Chuck Berry (can`t remember the title anymore after all that time) but
I´m not sure if this can be called rock in the sense we understand nowadays.

Attachments

• spdeeppurple2cover.gif
    spdeeppurple2cover.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 593
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Being from Detroit, I was heavy into Motown until high school. That's when my mother turned me on to Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Bayou Country" that she picked up for 50 cents with a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Rodd Yamashita

Attachments

• ccr_bayou.gif
    ccr_bayou.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 288
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.