About KT aka Katie, Kate Bush in fact!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, after listening to KT's new album 5-6 times, I am stunned. Is it just me or is that lady just so unique as I think?? This new album is just about the best CD released for years! Very mature kind of adult semi-classical pop! Not easy accesible but after a few listens the album just get stuck in your mind:) I have to admit, I have been a fan of Kate Bush since "The kick inside" and loved all her albums. But the new one is just sooo good I go dreaming when I hear it:) That lady really sings for us:cool: Any oppinions, beside mine??:) At least you Pink Floyd fans should love this album:) Kate, I am all yours:D It took 12 years to make this album, but it was worth the wait:) For you HIFI-nuts, the sound is very, very good indeed!!

Steen:cool:

First Kate's song that I ever heard was of course "Running up that hill" - it was catchy, slightly unusual pop song, but it was still pop - and at that time I expected that Kate Bush is some mainstream pop singer with few crazy escapades - but I wanted to be sure, just in case that I don't miss maybe something interesting so I borrowed two CD's : "Whole story" (Best off) and "The Dreaming".

And then I realized that I was totally wrong:she's crazy singer with little pop escapades fortunately. :D

"The Dreaming" is great album IMO, someone tried to described her voice as "Bjork meets Tori Amos" combination - that's maybe closest description of that album - crazy but again totaly musical.

Her music and singing style at first glance seems slightly wierd and unusual, but after few listenings everything fits perfectly.

:)

Hi Bubba. Yes you are right, the Dreaming is an absolute favourite of mine too:) Love Hounds is normally rated as "The" album to have, but I cant agree. It has a bit too much of 80's sound. Its great allright, but not the best. The 80's by the way did produce one thing though: Loads of bad music!!!!:D Its the worst decade in the music history, at least to my ears. You really had to cling on to a few artists, hoping for their next release:D
Well, to cheer you up, here is a pic of my complete Kate Bush studio album collection:) :) Nice view, right??

Steen:cool:

Attachments

• katies_cds_sm.jpg
    katies_cds_sm.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 263
you should also try "Happy Rhodes" !
Arne, any particular album you can recommend as a starter?
Steenoe, you're going to be in big trouble if I don't like Ms Bush's recent effort
I am not shaking at all:) If you liked any of Kates earlier albums, you will like this one too. The lady grew up in the meantime, and her music tells. You wont hear a lot of that "small-girlie-pip-pip";)

Steen:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.