Now Playing + What are you listening to?

Here's a fantastic album if you like 17c music -- "Baroque Music from Latin America" -- mixes indigenous Latin American music with the ecclesiastical -- it's on Hyperion -- just arrived yesterday (after being reviewed in Gramophone in June.)

also -- not on the player yet -- but I did get an email from CORO that "The Sixteen" release of Spem in Allium will be out shortly in :Surround:
this album received raves

Attachments

• coro.jpg
    coro.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 197
Abdullah Ibrahim "Duke 88" in MP3 form on my dinky computer speakers. It's fantastic. It has elements of mid '50s Monk (in his prime), Mingus, and of course Ellington. Ibrahim (AKA "Dollar Brand") is somewhat inconsistent, but boy when he is on, he is ON! And he is really, really on in this recording I'd say. I don't know which album this came from, but I'm going to find out and get it if I can.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Did have on Midnight Oil Red sails in the sunset, but was too late to play it loud so took it off and I'm going to bed.....

before that:

Billy Brags and Wilco Mermaid Avenue
Pink Floyd The final cut (some would argue Roger Waters first solo album)
Dire Straights Love over gold. Private Investigations is just awesome.....
Nick Cave & the bad seeds The Boatmans Call
Pink Floyd wish you were here

Tony.

right now two cd's are owning my player and wont leave anytime soon...

tori amos: tales of a librarian

very nice cd, great (but very subtle) remixes and remasters of songs.

flaming lips: yoshima battles the pink robots (DVD-A)

wow, wow, wow. i had never really heard of these guys before, until i read a review of this dvd-a in sound and vision. i picked it up and its been awesome. one of the BEST (if not THE best) surround mixes out there. replaces my beck and dark side of the moon for surround music demos. very aggressive (creative) surround mixing, excellent (absurd?) bass extension. check this one out if you are at all into multi-channel music.