Now Playing + What are you listening to?

It was... amazing. This is really the most vibrant live music scene I've ever experienced, and I say that as someone who has lived in LA and San Francisco, and worked in Vienna.

I shot some video, which is mostly black blackness with a little discernible motion, but the sound was fine. Check out the Annie Art Collective page, which you can get to from my Facebook page, for some photos of the setup.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It was... amazing. This is really the most vibrant live music scene I've ever experienced, and I say that as someone who has lived in LA and San Francisco, and worked in Vienna.

I shot some video, which is mostly black blackness with a little discernible motion, but the sound was fine. Check out the Annie Art Collective page, which you can get to from my Facebook page, for some photos of the setup.

Hi SY,
When I get home tonight I will check out the video on your Facebook page, looking forward to it. I've heard Austin TX is pretty amazing as far as the music scene goes. I have to admit I don't really avail myself of the opportunity that exists around here which is also considerable. Went to an amazing Marimba concert up in Newburyport last year, but that's the most recent thing I've done. The BSO is only a couple of stops away on the subway, and Quincy even has an Symphony orchestra, have I ever heard it, no.. :eek:

I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time getting excited about audio.:D

Im reminded of this quote:

"... would assert that a live music event is the standard that should be used to judge the quality of a home music system. Again, if that is the standard then we are all listening to music events, in our living rooms, that taste like Texas Road Kill in August. Even the best efforts deserve nothing more than a "F". "

Dr. Harvey "GIZMO" Rosenberg

Other cities have music scenes also. Here you can see the schedule for the upcoming Beal street music festival.

Memphis In May International Festival: Schedule for Friday April 30 @ Memphis, TN

Already sold out.

Here is another little local get together.

Bonnaroo - Artists

Here in the Nashville area, it's hard to find anything open after 6 PM that doesn't have live music.

Here are links to some music I would have never heard if not for a local independent radio station.

YouTube - Tracy Grammer - Ordinary Town

YouTube - Dave Carter and Tracy Grammer perform "When I Go"

YouTube - Julie and Buddy Miller - Broken Things (Bluebird Cafe Version)

YouTube - Buddy & Julie Miller - Keep Your Distance

I didn't find anything on YouTube by this guy, but you can check out sampels of his music here:

Amazon.com: Victor Mecyssne: Albums, Songs, Bios, Photos

I could do this all day.:p

Just finished skipping around on Visit Venus - Music For Space Tourism Vol. 1. I LOVE this album it is very jazzy and laid back. If you are a downtempo/chillout fan this is a great album albeit pretty freaking obscure.

Now I am on to something more aggresive...Xzibit - At the speed of life (IMHO a greatly underrated hip hop album).