Now Playing + What are you listening to?

Higher Intelligence Agency / Pete Namlook - S.H.A.D.O martian.gif

Anyone used to watch UFO? :D

currently on the radio, which isnt mine and is tuned to some local station, and is at work (which is also where i am) is playing Annie Lennox singing here cover version of Stings' "fields of gold" or "fields of barley".....never can remember which is the correct name. Still like the Sting version better but hey, if i had my way id change the station.......

Wow, amazing evening of live music. An acoustic treat- during one number, Matt sat next to me and played/sang. I really can't listen to my stereo any more. Theme song title for the evening was "Coffee at Night." Each musician wrote a separate song with that as a title.

First set was George Carver, one more of the seemingly endless supply of first-rate singer-songwriters here, accompanied by bass. Very jazzy, bluesy stuff.

Attachments

• matt.jpg
    matt.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 70
  • lee and seela.jpg
    lee and seela.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 74
  • george carver.jpg
    george carver.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 74
"Black Blackness" Seela. It's been an ear worm- can't get that song out of my head since I heard it. I've played it a dozen times in the past few days, then learned to play it for myself. So I just played it again...

Getting myself ready for Big Music Night tomorrow, including a "secret" concert under a bridge. Two hours of Seela first, though, doing her regular Tuesday night gig.

Really perfect evening.

The "secret" concert was in a tunnel under the 6th Street Bridge in downtown Austin, from 9pm until midnight. Lit only by candles, all acoustic, word spread on Facebook. I was far and away the oldest person there. Acoustics were outstanding in the stone tunnel. The performers (Robert Ellis, an alt-folk/country guitarist/singer/songwriter from Houston, Matt the Electrician, the pride of Austin, and Squinto, a bluegrass trio) were better than outstanding. Three hours of intimate, superbly performed and written music. And to put the cherry on the cake, the weather was lightly breezy and 70 degrees F.

I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time getting excited about audio.:D