Now Playing + What are you listening to?

I'm in "piano mode":

Hummel, Johann Nepomuk (1778-1837) Piano Sonata No. 6 in D, op. 106, Constance Keene, Newport Classics

Scarlatti, Domenico (1685-1757) Sonata in G minor, K546 Benjamin Frith, Naxos

Chopin, Frederic (1810-1849) Piano Sonata No. 2 in B flat minor, op. 35 Leif Ove Andses, Virgin Classics

Schubert, Franz (1797-1828) Piano Sonata No. 20 in A, D959 Alfred Brendel, Philips

Hi,
I have to agree with the comments on Hip Pop or Rubbish'n'Boring, it's all getting to be the same old same old. Not too sure about the new wave of EuroElectroPop though, just not my thing.
If you do like your House'y sort of rhythms then I will most highly recommend a dude called Jon sa Trinxa, he plays over in Ibiza and outputs some quality tunes. The Salinas Sessions is on the ball.
Lately I've been delving through my partners collection and have become slightly addicted to Tarmac, from France.
Thanks
Gareth

Was listening to The Butterfly Effect's Imago. Love what they do with the bass.

Just had a look at this thread and put on King for a day fool for a lifetime. I haven't listened to this since I took the big system out of my car. Thanks for reminding me about it.

I dont mind RNB if its done well, the problem is there's very little that is truly original.
The problem is if there's good money in a particular genre then people manufacture it to make said money. The art loses it's soul and it becomes a cheap plastic ring tone.
The vocal warbling and useless ornamentation turns me right off too. Kind of like comparing a riced up hyundai to a ferrari. Put some emotion and soul into it, don't put stickers all over it.

OzMikeH said:
Was listening to The Butterfly Effect's Imago. Love what they do with the bass.

Just had a look at this thread and put on King for a day fool for a lifetime. I haven't listened to this since I took the big system out of my car. Thanks for reminding me about it.

I dont mind RNB if its done well, the problem is there's very little that is truly original.
The problem is if there's good money in a particular genre then people manufacture it to make said money. The art loses it's soul and it becomes a cheap plastic ring tone.
The vocal warbling and useless ornamentation turns me right off too. Kind of like comparing a riced up hyundai to a ferrari. Put some emotion and soul into it, don't put stickers all over it.

HI Mike,
Have had the good fortune of Simon Cowells' music in Oz yet?
Thanks

Edit.. And the criminal (mis-)use of the vocoder seems to have vaporised...phew
Gareth

Hi,
A little more Drum'n'Bass.....try Hospital Records..London, also Dillinja, Lemon D, of course Fabio and Grooverider, Roni Size (DJ sets), DJ Die, DJ Krust (the Bristol sound absolutely rocks - it should do aswell as it's the home of Drum'nBass).

Thanks
Gareth

PS..If you are a little Housey....Jon Sa Trinxa - Salinas Sessions