Now Playing + What are you listening to?

Poulenc?
Oddly, I just listened to the Poulenc & Saint-Saëns organ works with orchestra a few days ago. Poulenc's Concerto for Organ, Strings and Timpani is a work that stands up pretty well against the output of any of the four above.
Can be listened to Here! Incidentally, I don't own this disc but the reviews are good, could be a good one to have if interested in these works since it's reasonably inexpensive. I'm considering it myself, if only because I don't know the Widor work at all.

Thanks Addled! Yes so many great composers..

For the moment I am into Claude Debussy " The Complete Works " my favorite is his Orkestral music

Printemps, L. 68c: Part 1 (Orch. Büsser) - YouTube

The Last Night of The Proms! The Superbowl of Classical Music on "The Wireless"! :D

982135d1631263530-restoring-modifying-goodmans-magnum-k2s-advice-nelsonangry-jpg

Live from the BBC Proms: A stellar line-up brings the Proms to a close. Tenor Stuart Skelton and accordionist Ksenija Sidorova join the BBC Symphony Orchestra and Sakari Oramo.

Live from the Royal Albert Hall, London
Presented by Georgia Mann and Petroc Trelawny

Gity Razaz: Mother (BBC commission: world premiere)
Malcolm Arnold: Variations for orchestra on a Theme of Ruth Gipps
Barber: Adagio
Ravel: Tombeau de Couperin – Rigaudon
Franck Angelis: Fantasie on a theme of Piazzolla - Chiquilin de Bachin
Wagner: Wesendonck Lieder – Im Treibhaus
The Mastersingers of Nuremberg – Prize Song (‘Morgenlich leuchtend in rosigem Schein’)

c.8.25
Live Interval: Georgia and Petroc are joined by Rob Rinder and together they look back at some of the highlights of the last six weeks of thrilling music making at the BBC Proms 2021.

Florence Price: Symphony No.1 – ‘Juba Dance’ (3rd movt)
Piazzolla: Libertango
Anibal Troilo: Sur
Peter Allen: I still call Australia home
Henry Wood: Fantasia on British Sea-Songs
Thomas Arne: Rule, Britannia! (arr. Sargent)
Edward Elgar: Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1 in D major, 'Land of Hope and Glory'
Hubert Parry: Jerusalem (orch. Elgar)

The National Anthem (arr. Britten)
Auld lang syne

Stuart Skelton, tenor
Ksenija Sidorova, accordion
BBC Singers
BBC Symphony Orchestra
Sakari Oramo, conductor

Enjoying it already. Looking forward to Barber, Ravel and Wagner. And the old favourite singalongs. :cool: